• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What tires should I consider?

Annona

My 2011 came with different tires in the fronts and rear, with differing wear. I'd like to get all 4 of the same. Truck will never see hardcore off roading, but will definitely see snow conditions in Mammoth, CA, as well as light mud/rain terrains where we go hiking in the mountains. I'd say, 80% paved roads, 20% others. Any suggestions to consider?
Rims are stock 20". Current tires are 275/55 R20.

Thanks,

You may find checking old threads helpful in tire selection. Many different opinions out there depending on use and personal preferences. Or look at websites like Tire Rack and us it to help narrow your search based on use and customer reviews etc.

https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/homepage.html

I recently did a lot of research on tires and settled on the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  The reviews were very positive and price was great at Discount Tire.  They have an aggressive look, but are quiet and smooth on the road too.  I haven't taken them off-road or in the snow yet, so can't comment there.  55,000 mile warranty I believe. 

I posted some pics in the "Show us your tires & wheels" thread. 

Back