Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this indicative of issue with the Autoride air compressor, or something else?  (Read 38 times)

Annona

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

I was sitting in the truck, in a parking lot, engine on for about 5 minutes, gear in P. Bed has no load. I heard a few thumping sounds from the back. The sounds came maybe 30-40 seconds apart. In all, probably 4 thumps together. Then I had to drive off, so not sure if the thumpings would've continued had I stayed longer.
Thanks,

2011 Avalanche LTZ

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...

Make sure the truck is turned all the way off.

Drop your tail gate.

Go start the truck and leave it running.

Walk around and have a seat on the tail gate.

Don't move.

In 15-20 seconds, you should hear the air pump, located on the outer frame right behind the driver's side rear tire, start up to raise the level of the rear of the truck.

Now you will know what to listen for and where the sound of the air pump is coming from.
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.