• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking to buy 05 2500

Bones2008

Looking for some input from fellow av owners. I?m looking at buying a 2500. A dealer has an 05 2500 Lt with 111112 miles one owner and virtually no rust. Fully loaded pretty much everything I?m looking for the only problem is they are asking $14995 and pretty firm on price. Is this a high for a 14 year old truck or a fair deal??
Thanks

Do some searches like auto trader. I used the all on any search I did. This gave me how many are out there and a general idea on price.
So you know it?s a one owner Carfax could give you service records.

It all comes down to your budget and how you feel about the Avy.

I needed a ? or 1 ton, with the trailer I purchased. So I started searching for a 2500 Avy. It took me almost a year. I live near Portland Oregon told my wife I?m flying to the Bay Area for one I found. Then she dropped her lap top on me. And boom there was my 1500?s twin about forty miles away. Called went that night and bought it. Third owner with, I would have to look 75K on it. I paid 16k for it.

Now it is a pack mule and I love the 2500. Pulling the trailer is very enjoyable and relaxing now.

Ya I?ve been looking on every website,Facebook ,and Craigslist for several months now. Not many of these rare beasts around these days. Most I find are 150k+ miles and with rust. I currently have an 02 1500 with 130k that?s rusting. Looking for something newer and heavier to pull a camper. Kinda shocking the resale on a 4x4 truck these says

As always supply and demand comes into play and during snow season prices for 4X4 climb.
You may get some sites to check and ideas in this thread :

https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=154119.0

If it's in as good of shape as you say the price doesn't look too bad. Mu 2002 Z66 now has 144K on it and still does not eat any oil, so I don't add any oil between oil changes. Body is in perfect condition and you can eat off the engine it's so clean.  That's price is about what I would consider taking for mine and it's not even 4 wheel drive (but does have a ton of mods). I've had it so long now they will probably just bury me in it.

Back