• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Noise from front tire assembly every rotation.

Rickmanjon

I?m new and I tried to find previous post but couldn?t find what I was looking for. I have a 2008 avalanche LTZ. My front driver side makes a squeal every rotation and sometimes sounds like a loose nut clunking. When you brake it doesn?t get worse or better. I?ve replaced Rotors, calipers, pads, bearings, joints, upper arms, pretty much everything and it still happens. I say it?s the pads because I put on ceramic and it went away for a bit or if I turn it gets loader or softer depending on what direction I turn. The pads still look new and I?m lost for what it could be. I shouldn?t have to replace the pads every 5000 miles.

This might be a case where the sound is not coming from where it sounds like it is. Does the squeal rotation get faster the faster you drive? Just to confirm, are you driving in Auto-4WD mode or just 2WD? My initial thought would be a worn out front u-joint.

or bad hub..

Have the front end checked out...

Does it make the noise with the front end lifted and rotating the tires? Remove the pads and rotate, still make the noise? Remove the caliper and rotate, still make the noise? Is it 4 wheel drive? If so, disconnect the CV shaft and test again, still make the noise? If noise persists it's the hub/bearing again. You noted that the bearings were replaced, is that the hub/bearing assembly? What brand did you go with?

The loose nut sound is something different likely, you replaced the lower ball joints? What brand? Who did all of the prior work?

My 2007 LTZ 4x4 does the exact same thing. I have not been able to pin point the problem. I was leaning towards changing the bearing hub assembly as the passenger side just wore out. Sounds like it comes from the driver side. Goes away when I get the tires rotated and comes back after about a week of driving.

Back