• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 instrumental cluster

deaner69

Hi, was wondering anybody changed out the instrument  cluster? Did you have to reprogramm or was it just plug and play? Most if my gauges dont work anymore ir they just boumce around

There are many older threads about repairing or replacing the instrument cluster. Some have just replaced or repaired the individual gauges others put in new or manufactured gauge clusters as a whole (You can even use Cadillac gauges so you have transmission temp gauge added,the wiring and sensor is already there.)
It is simple plug and play to replace the cluster but you may want to have the seller set your mileage so you won't have inspection or registration issues later.

I ordered a rebuilt gauge cluster, and had the trans gauge added as well. It was plug and play. They programmed the mileage to match what was on the truck.

Digital Dash Solutions was quick to reply, and included a return shipping label to send them the old one which extended the warranty.

Trilo_G said:
I ordered a rebuilt gauge cluster, and had the trans gauge added as well. It was plug and play. They programmed the mileage to match what was on the truck.

Digital Dash Solutions was quick to reply, and included a return shipping label to send them the old one which extended the warranty.

I used Digital Dash Solutions, as well.

When I bought an upgraded cluster from them, they programmed my truck's VIN and mileage as part of the deal.

The cluster was plug and play.

They shipped my new cluster to me and I returned the old cluster core in the box they used to send my new cluster in.

Shipping was included.

EXT4ME said:
I used Digital Dash Solutions, as well.

When I bought an upgraded cluster from them, they programmed my truck's VIN and mileage as part of the deal.

The cluster was plug and play.

They shipped my new cluster to me and I returned the old cluster core in the box they used to send my new cluster in.

Shipping was included.

X3 Great people to work with. This the one I put in my 03

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6E-03-04-2003-2004-REBUILT-CUSTOM-ESCALADE-CARBON-FIBER-WHITE-LED-SPEEDOMETER/222408732250?hash=item33c897ee5a:g:S6EAAOSw~LpcbtN-

Back