• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can you use ethanol free gas in 2013 avalanche?

2013avalanche

I've changed all my small engines including  2 cycle engines to non ethanol gas & was wondering would the Avalanche handle this?

Yes, there's absolutely no issue. I can only dream of running non ethanol gas but access is near impossible around my parts.

Heck I cannot think of what you would have to do to any engine to run old school non ethanol fuel as long as octane is high enough other then fill the tank.

Fill tank and crank her up.

I can buy locally at a premium over the subsidized E15 Ethanol fuel

You certainly can!

And to the admiration of all of your friends, family and neighbors, as well.

Don't forget to top off your lawn mower, boats and snowblowers, if you have any.

This is the good stuff.

(y)

Here in Spokane is more than Premium at Chevron. Reg is $2.65/gal, ethanol free us $3.12/gal

Just filled up truck with Ethanol FREE!!! only $2.499 per gallon!

I just topped off the tank in my 1993 Ford Explorer with ethanol free fuel.

This truck usually just sits out in the back yard for months on end, waiting to be used as a spare any time one of our other vehicles is out of service.

I'll jump into the Explorer to run to the parts store if I am working on one of our vehicles and I need to go get something.

With the EXT down while it waits for it's new engine to be installed, the Explorer will now be called in for duty.

Over the last five years or so, the Explorer averages around 300 miles a year.

Since that fuel hardly ever gets refreshed, I found the ethanol free does not tend to go bad while just sitting around for an extended period of time.

Any time I do have to use the Explorer, I try to burn off as much gas as I can, then it gets topped off before retiring back to it's parking spot.

Besides the ethanol free gas, I also toss a can of Seafoam into the tank when I know the truck will be hibernating for a while.

The Explorer has never failed to start and run when asked to do so.

I also use ethanol free fuel in our boats and lawn mowers for the same reason and I use Seafoam in them, as well.

Back