• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Final Days as an Avalanche Owner

jlmoore01

SM 2011
Today i finally put my AV up for sale. to be honest it was much harder than I thought it would be.
I bought my Avalanche in 2005 while working as an asst. body shop manager at a local chevy dealer.
i have done so much to my AV, so many mods SOO much Money $$$ and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.
My AV has NEVER left me stranded yes it has broken but never on the side of the road. fuel gauge went out, alternator, and ac compressor too but nothing major.
as i write this is made me think of this being a eulogy for it, but its not dead just moving on.  I have been told by friends and family that I will be very picky about
who I sell it to, I dont think so but who knows I might. so many trips and stories. its just a truck right? to me maybe an old fiend.  the Fan club sticker will still there
but im keeping the coin. I wish there was a way to keep it but it has to be. this will be a great first truck for someone, reliable transportation to work or any number
of things but its time for someone else to be able to count on the AV as much as I have over these past years.

Jake (Avalanche Maverick)

If you are having trouble letting go why not consider passing it down to a family member who will have shared memories with you?
Think of them being able to say "this was my dad's favorite vehicle and we had good times in it!" or "this was my grandpa's vehicle!" etc....
If properly maintained a vehicle can last for decades...

Vaeagleav said:
If you are having trouble letting go why not consider passing it down to a family member who will have shared memories with you?
Think of them being able to say "this was my dad's favorite vehicle and we had good times in it!" or "this was my grandpa's vehicle!" etc....
If properly maintained a vehicle can last for decades...
x2  (y)

I know how your feeling......Seems like every truck I sell or get rid of a piece of me goes with it.  When I got rid of my 2007 Av I did it because I could maximize trade in value.  New Silverado and New Impala later.....Back in a 13 Av.  The ride just can't be replaced.  Good Luck!! :E: :E:

I am on my last days as an Avalanche owner myself.  Just bought a 2020 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4X4 Crew Cab.  New truck still at the dealer getting skid plates, bed liner, all weather floor mats, and mud flaps. Already ordered seat covers and will order topper tomorrow.  Gone are the days of the leaky tonneau cover.

We're looking to sell our 2002 Z71 in the next year or so.  Went to Kelley Blue Book to get an instant quote and got such a lowball offer of $2400 that we ignored the repeated emails and calls from the local dealer who wanted to buy the truck.  At this price it is best to just keep it for now.

Seen a lot of posts where they sell, and later end up buying  a newer model. Like I said before, they will probably bury me in mine.

I sure miss my Avalanche's been years since I had one but if they ever brought them back I would be first in line to order one. Just noting has been the same since the Avalanche I have bounced around Silverado, Traverse, Tahoe and now driving a 21 Tahoe and 20 Blazer but still wish I had an Avalanche!.

I am on AV #4. All the previous AV's had notes on them, and because life sux I have had to part with each one. Every time I would see one while out and about I would dream of my truck! I have owned some really nice vehicles since then, a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited, a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited, 2006 Silverado 2500HD, a 98 Silverado 1500, and a few more not on this list, but I have always longed for my Avalanche. This one is paid for, and this one is not going anywhere. It will need an engine here sooner rather than later, it just got a new transmission, some of the suspension feels like it needs some attention, but all and all it's a good truck, that I am keeping.

Back