• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Z71 Avy 1500 - Theft prevention/Alarm issue

guttersnipes199

Hi, Sometime in the past 2 years I was working on the inside of my 2003 Z71 Avy 1500 and accidentally pressed/moved what I believe are buttons/toggles for my theft/alarm system under my steering wheel area. Since then I haven't been able to start the Avy unless I press the unlock button my key fob. There is a clicking noise as well when I get in the Avy, that sounds like the hazards are on, but goes away when I select "unlock" on the key fob. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what the fix might be?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hi, I'm assuming aftermarket, I received an earlier reply on a related post, that there was no oem remote starter for 2003? Thank you for responding!

might need to be a service call. Take to a shop to see if they can see what it is. Unless you are able to find what system was installed on it. 2003 i do not think would be factory, nor would it have buttons under the steering wheel for it

You'll probably need to know what brand the remote start / alarm system is and get a manual to know how to set the DIP switches.

Back