• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Navigation System Question - " Is There A way to..."

Stan

Good morning,

Having updated to a 2010 LTZ (its heaven compared to my previous 2004 Z71 model)...

However being old school to the whiz bang system l have a question, which may be stupid but l need to ask.  Is it possible, or an app to be put on my iPhone which would allow a google map, map quest, or other mapping program to be plugged into the console plug from the phone to display the information (video pictures) onto the nav screen and listen to the directions via Bluetooth in the rig ?

Any advice on if in fact this can be done and the process / method on doing this would be more than helpful or l'm wasting my time on this question.  Thanks all !!

You might want to contact customer service person at www.crutchfield.com to see if they have any adapters to help you do what you want. Don't just look at the website alone but give them a call or send an email to get info.

Not with factory gear, no. The bluetooth is for phone calls only, no interaction with apps or music or video. There is 1 USB located in the center console that will only get you audio, but the video would be on your phone. Like Vaeagleav said, crutchfield can hook you up, but I'm guessing they'll suggest replacing the receiver altogether.

Like BainMan said, I don't believe there is anyway to mirror or duplicate an external device display to the stock HU.
As mentioned, you can get the audio from the device to play through the factory system using the center console port or by using an A2DP wireless adapter, but no video

Back