Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-made under seat subwoofer enclosure  (Read 148 times)

ARES1307

Pre-made under seat subwoofer enclosure
« on: February 6, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »

Hello everybody. :wave: Are there any pre-made enclosures that fit under the seat and allow the seats to lay flat so the midgate is still functional?  :help:I'm looking for enclosures to throw a couple of Shallow 10-in subwoofers in, but I'm on a budget so getting one custom made is outside of my wallets reach ATM. And I don't have the tools or experience to make one myself. I'm trying to track down the box first so I know what size of subs to buy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BainMan

• Send it!
Re: Pre-made under seat subwoofer enclosure
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »

I think you'll find that any under seat sub box will prevent the seats from laying completely flat. If you lay your rear seats down, is there any physical room to place a sub box?  However you could still lay the seat backs down and resting on the sub box, and the midgate should open most of the way. 

Check out this thread
https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=41680.0
2010 LTZ 4x4

ARES1307

« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2020, 22:53:04 PM »

Thank you for your reply and for the link. That would be plenty for me I think I found one sub box that looks like it should open most of the way for under $100. Now I just need to narrow down the subs, with 5.5 mount depth or less and at .8 cf air space. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Skar VD10, because they're super cheap. I was also looking at ID 10s, Dayton HOs, and Sundown e10s... But I have no experience with any of those and honestly hadn't heard of any of those before a week ago. Any advisor experience here would be more than welcome.

Calicak89

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2020, 14:21:37 PM »

with 5.5 mount depth or less and at .8 cf air space.  I'm leaning towards Skar VD10, because they're super cheap. I was also looking at ID 10s, Dayton HOs, and Sundown e10s... But I have no experience with any of those and honestly hadn't heard of any of those before a week ago. Any advisor experience here would be more than welcome.
The e10s will hammer for what they are, especially compared to others at the same pricepoint, I don't think they have a mounting depth less than 5.5" though. I'd double check that as I built a box for a behind the seat application and I'm pretty sure we needed 6" to just clear the magnet. They may not be a viable option for you if you're locked into a pre-built with only 5.5" depth

2013 Black LTZ
2008 Judson Green LT
Way too many mods to list here
2005 Silver Birch Metallic (former)

ARES1307

« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2020, 00:58:04 AM »

You are right the mount depth on the e10 is 5 and 5/8... I'm going to try and find a bigger box... I could have swore I saw one that had a 5.75 mounting depth..
« Last Edit: February 9, 2020, 10:35:55 AM by ARES1307 »

ARES1307

« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »

I haven't found anything with the mounting depth higher than 5.5 that's made for the avalanche. What if I add an extender though? Would that make it work?

If not I'll have to go with the Dayton HO or Skar VD. I'm hoping to make the e10s work everything I've heard about them makes them seem perfect for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.