Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're changing forum software! Read the details here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z71 Can front driveshaft be removed without issue?  (Read 49 times)

redheadedrod

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
  • 2003 Z71
Z71 Can front driveshaft be removed without issue?
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:31:33 AM »

I am currently swapping out the rear 1500 with 3.73 gearing and replacing with 4.10 H2 rear end.

Knowing that the front diff needs to be the same I plan to disable the front for now. Been told pulling the front axles is best option but need to put shafts in the hubs to keep them together. I disassembled a couple CV axles and now can install those ends. But I have been told conflicting stories on the front drive axle. I have been told it can be removed with no issues and I have been told if I remove it then transmission fluid will leak out.

I will also be replacing the gasket between the transmission and transfer case so I will have the front driveshaft disconnected anyhow. If I don't reinstall it I am curious if this will be a problem?

I may still remove the axles and probably pull the front diff out all together if I can remove the front drive shaft. 
2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)

ronthehandymanga

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
Re: Z71 Can front driveshaft be removed without issue?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:04:51 PM »

You can remove the front CV axles without any problems, unbolt from center section and from wheel bearing and your done.

R.
02 Indigo blue Avalanche K2500
03 K2500 LT Suburban, work truck
69 CST 396 Fleetside long PU
68 Chevelle SS 396
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.