• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

B.C. Members

Island_Avalanche

Hello.

Curious to know how many B.C. members are there on this site. I think I am the only member from the Island. ;D I would like to set up a Victoria/Vancouver meet.

Looks like you might have to print off some fliers! The easiest way to find your locals is to tag the trucks when you see them, you will be suprised at how many come out of the woodwork..
Good luck!

There is at least one other member on the island. I believe he is in Campbell River. I don't remember his name at the moment though.

I'd wander up from Seattle for a Vancouver Meet.

Island_Avalanche

We are going to be out in the Vancouver area later this month......
Haven't booked the flight yet, but should be in Vancouver on the 16th to 18th and back on the 25th to 28th..... Alaskan cruise from the 18th to 25th...
This morning I was thinking that we might head over to Tofino for the night (16th), then head down to Victoria for anther night? I'll have to talk it over with my better half.

P.S. Yes NO AV :8:

dichris

Tofino is fantastic. I highly recommend the stop over. Msg me to let me know what your plans are. I may not be able to orginize a meet, but I'll try to come out to welcome you to the city, Victoria.

Just thought of something....how about a tri city meet. Members from Victoria, Vancouver and Seattle. We can meet in between.

What do you guys think?

Island_Avalanche said:
Just thought of something....how about a tri city meet. Members from Victoria, Vancouver and Seattle. We can meet in between.

What do you guys think?
Heck, if you wanted to meet in the mountains I might even be able to join you

Include the greater Portland area folks and this could be a pretty good gathering!

Damn, Whistler is on the ocean dude. :eek:
That's as long a haul for me as Vancouver itself. Likely be too long for me but it might work for the others.
I was thinking something more in the Salmon Arm, Vernon, Kelowna, etc. area.

MAybe next summer we can do a big crash in the mountains

How about kewlona. We could go there to help out the victims of the fire. Ya know, lend a hand by hauling people's stuff, giving rides..etc.

how about k'A'lowna... kelowna is way to far south... lol... I dunno, I will try to make atleast one gtg around there..., I know i'll have my ava by summer if not next week...

Hi fellas. I too am from Vancouver Island. Just north of Victoria. I would love to attend a meet, preferrably somewhere on the island for a weekend. If someone can arrange such a meet, count us in. There are a couple of others in the area I may be able to get to join as well. If there were not too many of us we could even have it here at my place, I have 7 private acres on the ocean. A link to my website: www.rigden.ca
Islander.

B.C. Area here...go Kanucks!

I'm in Delta and would be interesting in getting some type of event happening also:)

Also have found some real good contacts for mods fer anything and everything if anyone is interested:)

Sparky,

Clements Autobody - Cladding paint jobs *got him shooting my rear tailgate compartments and sail for $400 canadian. There is a green avalanche rolling around on the island that had the bottom painted, Clements did that one too.

Turbo Terrys - Bellingham, WA great small shop for Custom Exhaust work and affordable

Special T Striping - Bellingham, WA Snugtop dealer....Just purchased my XUV for my beast for $1690 +85 install US. Thats the cheapest I found it along the US west coast and BC. They also do nice pinstriping but ordered most of my decals from TribalAv here in the forums.

National Tire - Delta BC off river road. 4 Yokohama 265/75/16 geolander AT for $750 Cad installed with warranties. Seemed to be the cheapest I could find for tires around town.

Good Guys - May not be the cheapest but most knowledgable installers I have found. Had them toss in a Kenwood Sirius MP3/CD player with the reciever and antennae for $400 US.

*scratches head* What else have I bumped across here in town.

Thinks thats most of the places I have found off the top of my head >:D

P.S. Bumped across a post for the computer challenged for posting pics but cant find it now. Anyone able to help a gorilla out with simpleton instructions so I can post once I get the paint job finished?

P.S.S. Sparky how is that diamond plating holding up? I was pondering getting them but worried about corrision with our horrible weather.

Any B.C.'rs coming to mainland that knows how to do the DRL mod ?

Offering good dang bar b que and lotsa booze:)

BusterAv
2002 Indigo 2500

First, welcome boomer, maybe I'll get over the Rockies this summer, and test out how the SC works at sea level.

Buster, thanks. Will keep the names in mind. Too bad but I've covered much of what they have done. I can tell you one outfit to stay away from out there is Lowriders. There are THE Canadian rep for DJM, have had a lot of grief with them.

Thanks Sparky

Can I tell you how nice a ride you got there! :cool: Very cool.

Ive been meaning to go to Calgary for a while, I have friends there. Maybe one of these days.

Do you have MSN? I think I may need a little one on one leason so I know what the hell Im talking about.

Let me know if you can help me out with some of this lingo?

Boomer

BusterAv said:
Sparky,

Clements Autobody - Cladding paint jobs *got him shooting my rear tailgate compartments and sail for $400 canadian. There is a green avalanche rolling around on the island that had the bottom painted, Clements did that one too.

Turbo Terrys - Bellingham, WA great small shop for Custom Exhaust work and affordable

Special T Striping - Bellingham, WA Snugtop dealer....Just purchased my XUV for my beast for $1690 +85 install US. Thats the cheapest I found it along the US west coast and BC. They also do nice pinstriping but ordered most of my decals from TribalAv here in the forums.

National Tire - Delta BC off river road. 4 Yokohama 265/75/16 geolander AT for $750 Cad installed with warranties. Seemed to be the cheapest I could find for tires around town.

Good Guys - May not be the cheapest but most knowledgable installers I have found. Had them toss in a Kenwood Sirius MP3/CD player with the reciever and antennae for $400 US.

*scratches head* What else have I bumped across here in town.

Thinks thats most of the places I have found off the top of my head >:D

P.S. Bumped across a post for the computer challenged for posting pics but cant find it now. Anyone able to help a gorilla out with simpleton instructions so I can post once I get the paint job finished?

P.S.S. Sparky how is that diamond plating holding up? I was pondering getting them but worried about corrision with our horrible weather.

National Tire on River road is the best place to get your fix for rims and rubber. Ask for Simon, tell him Andy from the bar sent you down and he'll hook you up.

So I gather that we dont have too many BC members.

Those of us that are should try and get together one of these weekends.

Buster AV, Pm me or if you have MSN look me up at andy-a@shaw.ca. We should chat and try and set something up.

Andy

Just throwing this out there for later consideration.

I don't get to take much in the way of an extended vacation, so even a long weekend is a treat to me (y)
Maybe we could consider a BC/AB get together for a weekend at Kelowna or Kamloops?

Boomer,

As you prolly know there are a lot of Avalanches on the road. I guess I better get started tagging people so they know about the forums and such.

And as far as kamloops or kelowna is concerned....Let's do it during fishing season *grins*.

BusterAv
2002 Indigo 2500

Back