• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking to establish CAFCNA in Birmingham Metropolitan area. So get with it.

North Face Will

Silent Avalanche RIP
Ok, I tried this earlier this year but to no avail :E:. So before I sit and wait on folks to reply to the fliars I had made :7:, I'll try it this way. Interested parties can contact me here. :B:

Have patience and keep your chin up. It takes work, but if you find just 1 other AV'r to hang with, the job gets easier from there. Keep on keepin on and you will soon have a club. If you need any tips or help, feel free to PM me. I am not saying I have all the answers, but I will help you any way I can. ;)

Wiki

Hope you get some folks interested.

A couple of us over here in Jackson, MS have found each other (via CAFCNA) and are now working on our first mini-GTG.

Craig (formerly from Alabama)
Roll Tide!

Thanks for your word of encouragement and good luck to you in getting started.

William

War Eagle.........wish we could play Vandy a few more times this year. ;D

Next time I head up to Bingham....I will be sure to tell ya......I needs more customers up there anyhoots....Montgomery too....

And PS go LSU hehehehehe

William1567 said:
Thanks for your word of encouragement and good luck to you in getting started.
William

You should come to the Indiana GTG or to the Savannah/Tybee Island GTG. THAT will get your juices flowing! After attending my first GTG, I went home and started a local club (y)

William,

I am here in the Birmingham area. There is a couple more members around here. AUAV, YellowJacket, and fasteddie come to mind.

Actually, phaze and I have been talking about getting a Alabama Chapter going for some time now.

I have been to a few GTG's and they are always great. It sure would be good to have something coordinated locally.

I will help in any way I can.

Boo.

Well alrighty then >:D. Boo, Earthquake and any other AV'ers in and around B'ham, quit talking the talk and let's walk the walk and "Do The Dang Thang." Let's get together this weekend to formulate a plan. I intend to go to Tybee Island and think it would be the great if we could get a large contingecy to go and REPRESENT! So holla back and let me know . I plan to go to the AMA races at the Barber's Race Track this weekend. We could meet there and hang out and discuss the organization of a chapter. :cool: :B:

William1567 said:
Well alrighty then >:D. Boo, Earthquake and any other AV'ers in and around B'ham, quit talking the talk and let's walk the walk and "Do The Dang Thang." Let's get together this weekend to formulate a plan. I intend to go to Tybee Island and think it would be the great if we could get a large contingecy to go and REPRESENT! So holla back and let me know . I plan to go to the AMA races at the Barber's Race Track this weekend. We could meet there and hang out and discuss the organization of a chapter. :cool: :B:

Well, actually I'm in the Nashville, TN area (Middle TN Chapter Coordinator). This weekend I'll be heading to the Indiana Modding GTG with about 50 of my closest friends.
That being said, I'll be happy to help out getting your chapter started, but first things first.
You need to decide who is willing to actually step up and invest the time, effort and little $ to get a local club running. That is no small feat. The person should be someone who is patient, good with people, a good organizer, creative, and willing to put out a little capital ($, although not necessary).
Once that person is chosen, they should go in and set up the local club formally. There use to be a link around here when we were under the old format, I'll have to look for it though.
This is my suggestion, but it's based on my personal experience and having witnessed other clubs and meets.

Let me know if I can help!

EarthQuake said:
William1567 said:

William1567

Iron City has a bunch of AV's.
Let Kim know which list is best for you. ;D

MIKE (y) :B: Birmingham Alabama :B: :cool:

William1567,

See how much fun this is once you find one other AV'er in your area!! ;D ;D I don't want to say I told you so........but now the fun begins.

My offer still stands....being I am from Clanton Alabama, if you need anything, I will help!!

Wiki

Really delighted to get the responses I have from everyone. Now, that I know there is a definite interest to establish CAFCNA in this area, when and where do we meet to get the details. I am willing to step up and be the cooridinator or whatever else to bring it together. I also think it would be wise to extend the invitation to AV'ers outside the Birmingham area. Let's just say anybody in the State that voted No on the tax rate hike last Tueday ;D But anyway, any assistance from anyone would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

William1567 said:
Really delighted to get the responses I have from everyone. Now, that I know there is a definite interest to establish CAFCNA in this area, when and where do we meet to get the details. I am willing to step up and be the cooridinator or whatever else to bring it together. I also think it would be wise to extend the invitation to AV'ers outside the Birmingham area. Let's just say anybody in the State that voted No on the tax rate hike last Tueday ;D But anyway, any assistance from anyone would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

William,

PM me and lets get together to discuss.

Boo.

Keep in mind too, what exactly your local club will represent. Do you want an "Alabama" Chapter or "Central Alabama" or "Metro Birmingham"? Granted, if you've got a good GTG, people will come and you can notify whomever you want. But to have an "Alabama" chapter (for instance) you've got a bunch in Mobile that may not be able to come or may want to start their own local chapter. It'd just look a little funny to have an Alabama Chapter and a Mobile Chapter, that's all I'm saying. So, plan ahead.
Who is your target area exactly?

The interest to form a Birmingham Chapter is red hot. :B:

Maybe.....first GTG this weekend with pictures?

MIKE

TINMAN said:

TINMAN, you are too funny! You're like the club narrator. I can hear you whispering into my ear as I'm reading posts, "Interest to form a Birmingham Chapter is red hot!". You're like the little guy that sits on my shoulder and whispers things to me. >:D

EarthQuake said:
TINMAN, you are too funny! You're like the club narrator. I can hear you whispering into my ear as I'm reading posts, "Interest to form a Birmingham Chapter is red hot!". You're like the little guy that sits on my shoulder and whispers things to me. >:D

Thanks EQ. ........eat the home made purple cake......

MIKE

EarthQuake said:
TINMAN said:

Quake,

Me thinks its time for you to increase your medication if your hearing TINMAN's voice whispering to you.

Boo.

BooTheRedneck said:
EarthQuake said:
TINMAN said:

Quake,

Me thinks its time for you to increase your medication if your hearing TINMAN's voice whispering to you.

Boo.

EQ .....bet on Boo..... OK Back to Birmingham GTG.....WHEN?

MIKE

Well, Earthquake, I agree with the point you made. However my intention was not to form an "Alabama" chapter, but to open the door to all AV owners in the area to at least get together and discuss forming a chapter. Once we get those intersted to assemble and provide the info needed, we can maybe then set regional state chapters. It will be a slow and maybe trying task to get this done, especially in this state. Hell we can't even elect a governor without some type of controversy :E: .I won't even get into the college football thing, a least not until after the Iron Bowl. Anyway, any and all suggestions or ideas on how to get his done is greatly appreciated. I don't have all the answers nor will I pretend to, but I won't sit around any longer and watch, read or whatever else about chapters being formed and meeting in other states and not put forth my best effort to do the same here in "Sweet Home Alabama." :cool:

:0:I have a suggestion on a GTG. On Lakeshore Drive here in B"ham there is a strip mall area(Wildwood). In this strip mall area is plenty of parking. Went to see Biker Boyz the first Sunday it came out, nearly 150 bikes showed up. There is a Hooter's, Bob Baumhower's Wings, Outback Restaurant , Subway and other fastfood joints close by.
The parking area close to the movie theater is ideal for a GTG. Now I was thinking, why not have this the weekend before the one in Tybee Island about 3:00. :cool:

Comments:

William1567 said:
:0:I have a suggestion on a GTG. On Lakeshore Drive here in B"ham there is a strip mall area(Wildwood). In this strip mall area is plenty of parking. Went to see Biker Boyz the first Sunday it came out, nearly 150 bikes showed up. There is a Hooter's, Bob Baumhower's Wings, Outback Restaurant , Subway and other fastfood joints close by.
The parking area close to the movie theater is ideal for a GTG. Now I was thinking, why not have this the weekend before the one in Tybee Island about 3:00. :cool:

Comments:

Sounds like EQ ofter his first GTG he spoke about. (y)

How bout the Golden Rule east on hwy.78 for BBQ?

MIKE :B: :B: :B:

William1567 said:

Comments:

Whatever you guys decide, I'll try my best to be there. I know the Lakeshore Drive area (that's about the only area in B'ham that I do know). I'll try to monitior this, but send me a PM when it's all said and done and I'll work out my plans.

Oh, I'm not driving to Birmingham to eat at Subway :7:
I hate Subway :D: Anything else is ok ;D

Back