• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Looking for tickets to SEMA

kodio

SM 2003
I'm going to be in Vegas during the time that SEMA is going on and would love to go to the show. Does anyone know how I can get registered? As I am not part of the automobile aftermarket industry I can't get tickets on my own.

Any help is appreciated.

This club is an active member of SEMA...I could find out if it doesn't raise the ire of all... :rolleyes:

Yes, please do this. I wish to go as well. Perhaps we should start a thread to gauge interest and then get a block of tickets for all those interested. This might be the way to go.

I'm also interested in attending but not in the automotive industry as well. Any help from club members would be appreciated.

For those of you interested, if you have a look at the bottom LH corner of each page you will find the linked SEMA logo.

Here are some interesting threads you may want to have a look at...

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=23

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=37;action=display;threadid=12556;start=msg205637#msg205637

I had an invite to sema a few years back, but didnt go, as could not get the time off to drive down from Washington, now that I live in AZ it is half a days drive there, I would definitly be interested in finding out if tickets to the show would be availible to us.

Regards,

Grey

Skidd said:
For those of you interested, if you have a look at the bottom LH corner of each page you will find the linked SEMA logo.

Here are some interesting threads you may want to have a look at...

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=23

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=37;action=display;threadid=12556;start=msg205637#msg205637

Okay, I read those threads, but I am still at a loss as to what CAFCNA membership does for us. Can we get individual tickets to SEMA? I want to go... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Likewise. I read those threads and saw nothing that would get me into the show. I went to the SEMA site yesterday and looked at their membership application. $50 is the least I could get away with if I was a car club.

I guess my point is, can CAFCNA get tickets to those that are able to go to this show or are some of our site sponsors willing to provide complimentary registrations for the show?

Does anyone know who the mod or representative is from CAFCNA who was responsible for CAFCNA's membership in SEMA? I am very surprised we haven't heard from anyone 'in the know' about this. Perhaps the right moderator is not monitoring this thread.

Mod, if you're out there, is anyone researching this??? Thanks -

Fun Guy said:
Does anyone know who the mod or representative is from CAFCNA who was responsible for CAFCNA's membership in SEMA? I am very surprised we haven't heard from anyone 'in the know' about this. Perhaps the right moderator is not monitoring this thread.

Mod, if you're out there, is anyone researching this??? Thanks -

MAN formly known as CHIEF.....

TODAY he goes by "green dog do"

He joined SEMA back in 2002 I think.....HTH...but since we are not incorporated not sure how it would work....

I have left a voice mail with Molly at SEMA. YES - we can attend the show. You have to preregister to attend and Molly will call me back with the specifics.

So if you want to attend the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, November 4 to November 7, 2003 you could register online. I am under the impression reading the collateral that if you register BEFORE October 24, 2003 the cost is just $10.00

One thing - the folks I did talk to at SEMA were emphatic that you PREREGISTER and not just show up to avoid problems as this is an "industry only" event.

Want to register now...............

Register for SEMA Show

Or stay tuned for more information...

Not that I was going to the event, but I read the Registration instructions -

REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS

This form is to register one or multiple individuals from the same company and location.
The summary page will allow payment by credit card. A single payment will be collected for all registrants.

How would this work?
Would all of the individuals interested in attending under the CAFCNA hat, have to register, then send their $10.00 to one person, and then that person would pay (the single payment) for everyone wishing to attend?
Would all interested, be able to fall under the ?one location? category.

Again, I personally was not interested in attending, but thought others that were, might want to know.

Thanks for the post, I?m sure many would be interested in attending.

the_wifes_av said:
Not that I was going to the event, but I read the Registration instructions -

How would this work?
Would all of the individuals interested in attending under the CAFCNA hat, have to register, then send their $10.00 to one person, and then that person would pay (the single payment) for everyone wishing to attend?
Would all interested, be able to fall under the ?one location? category.

Again, I personally was not interested in attending, but thought others that were, might want to know.

Thanks for the post, I?m sure many would be interested in attending.

As I said, I'm waiting for Molly to call, but presented this an option. My guess on why they want one registration per company - they're going to mail the badges to one address.

When they call me you'll be the second person to know.

I think the one address is like most industry shows.....to keep the public out....IMO.....

Molly did not return my call today - I will call tomorrow.

I have talked to Molly yesterday and she told me that you can register individually on the website and there shouldn't be a problem due to the fact that there are different addresses.

Technically only site principals can attend the show (read editor, CS, moderators, GM, admins, etc. etc. etc.) I would say that as long as the general membership doesn't go nuts we should be fine.

Enjoy the show and wish I had the time/$$$ to go.

Sorry about the delay - but after waitching 4 hours and 37 minutes of baseball to see the Red Sox get Bambinoed again was too much to bear last night. :C: :C: :C: :C: :C:

Ummmmmmmmmmm, is anyone going?

I'm still deciding. We have a local club meet the end of this month in Laughlin and SEMA's the week after. I'm leaning towards the local club meet.

If anyone is interested the club has received an invitation to attend the ARMO awards dinner and cermony. CAFCNA is a member of ARMO, which is a sub-group of SEMA. The invitation HAS TO BE IN HAND to get in and allows up to FOUR people.

If you're interested and you know you will be attending for sure please let me know. I'd hate to mail this to someone and then not have them use when someone else may want to go. There is no cost to attend the event (although you may have to pay for your own bar tab).

anyone in the know ....

are we still a member of SEMA? ... can we get tickets to the 2004 show? ....

Interested in going this year .... any help would be nice ....

Back