• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Pics Of Av W/ Bull Bar, Billet Cap And More...

J

j166a99

hey fellow Av'ers,

here is a link to a set of pictures i just took this weekend. ?some of the newest additions are the Westin Bull Bar, AMP Billet Fuel Cover, and a custom-made license plate...

here they are... better pics at the bottom ;)

Enjoy!!!, any ?'s ask..and thanks to all that have helped for the recent additions:

-zeeya
-socrates
-rphagan
-argentte

...and to ALL!!!, you know who you are, for every other MOD i've done ?;D ;D ;D

Happy Moddin'!!!

Great Job !! I envy you for having money to spend on customizing you AV to that degree ..... :-[

Hey - pardon me for being lazy :cool: and not looking it up, but where and for how much did you get the billet fuel door?

That's one mod I want to do for sure....

Thanks for the help !!!!

NIce Job j166a99!

Looks like you got everything to tie together real well!

Very nice rig.....that thing looks like it's ready to run over some small Nissan's....... ;D

thanks all, for the compliments...im sure my truck loves all of the attention ;D ;) ;D

lars-ss said:
Great Job !! I envy you for having money to spend on customizing you AV to that degree ..... :-[

Hey - pardon me for being lazy :cool: and not looking it up, but where and for how much did you get the billet fuel door?

That's one mod I want to do for sure....

Thanks for the help !!!!

thanks lars-ss,
the billet cap is available from Al (ebayer). there are posts in the accessories topic for details, but you can order one by contacting him at al@answermart.com and let him know you want one or are interested. i bought mine through paypal. i bought it for about 120.00 + s&h. let me know if you need anything else. ;D

02_2500avalanche said:
looks great. who makes that grill you have on your avy?

thanks '02,
the grille is made by trenz and was part of their latest batch that has the hood latch MOD. this allows you to place you finger to release the hood below the bowtie. the first batch was tight around this area, but the new one comes with an extra cut on the grille. hope this helps... ;D

Yeah. I have to agree with everyone. Looks awesome.
Question: Where can i get that license plate. that thing is super cool!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Great lookin' truck, j

I REALLY like like that color. You ain't done yet are you (with mods, that is)!??! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RPH

RPHagan said:
Great lookin' truck, j

I REALLY like like that color. ?You ain't done yet are you (with mods, that is)!??! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RPH

no way RPH!!! i am far from done, hehe...

and to answer questions about the license plate...you can order the license plate @ Custom Engraving Co.. the reference order is 1chevroletavalancheser, but i will verify that tomorrow as my order sheet is at work. it ran around $39 and is completely custom-made.

argentte, is actually the first person to order the custom plate and mine is an exact replica, except his is black background and silver raised letters. mine is chrome background with black raised letters, so they can custom it to your delight.

the order takes a few weeks, but i would recommend following up after about 1 1/2 weeks after the order is placed. also, after placing an order online, you will be sent a confirmation email that contains a link that shows the status of your order.

hope that helps, any other ?'s, ask... ;D ;D ;D

Awesome!!! :D

2 more questions for you:

Did you remove the spare tire to have that dual exhaust? and...

How much of a lift did you add?

Oh yeah, and Awesome!!! ;D

-m

mv-avalanche said:
Awesome!!! :D

2 more questions for you:

Did you remove the spare tire to have that dual exhaust? and...

How much of a lift did you add?

Oh yeah, and Awesome!!! ?;D

-m

thanks mv,

to answer your questions, the spare tire is still there, and it is a 4" lift. if you need anymore details, ask... ;D

;D Ok, now we have 2 AV's with the bull bar, Do you think they will get the idea????????
Super job on install looks like it was made for it. And the lift made all the difference in the world. When i installed mine in that position a snake would not have stood a chance crossing the road. I had to move mine up to the holes in bumper so as not to push curbs around with it.
It all came together great. Did you get to enter it in that car show last weekend?....................one last was the billet fuel door hard to install i saw on other links they were having a little problem and having to trim them
SUPER JOB JIGGER...........................

for those interested,

the invoice # for the custom front license plate is:

1CHEVYAVALANCHELSER
and the complete total was $45 including S&H...

oh, and you betcha ill be sending westin a pic or 2, hehe... ;D ;D ;D

???Hey Jigger, hope you are still checking post to those awesome pictures,,,,,??????????? for you. I have already ordered the carriage works grill and thought it would be in today. I holding on to those pics of yours because if there is not enough room or is a pain in the a--, i will be modifing with a dremel to cut out an inch or a little more, if anyone checking this post has the carriage works grill does it have a cut out to open hood???????
thanks
zeeya

Hey j166a99,
That a real sweet looking ride. I noticed you have a California Concepts logo on it. Is that the place in Redwood City and did they put on your exhaust system. What type of system do you have? Flowmasters cat-back or did they use a Flowmaster muffler and fabricate the pipes on premises. Thanks for your info. I plan also on having them put a system for me and any info you can provide would be grateful.
Thanks,
DoctorT

zeeya, good luck on your grille. if you need any measurements or whatever, dont hesitate to holler at me... ;D

doctort, yeah that is the same place ;D. they used a flowmaster muffler and customed the pipes from cat to the dual exits... ;D ;D

;Dnew idea Jigger
Do you think the people that did your license plate would sell just the lettering? as you know with my skid plate on you can not see where the license plate would be. I am thinking if i could get those letters and put along top edge of skid plate. Now you have the plate and skid plate, if you get a chance look at it and see what you think.
I have been trying to figure out and find some one around here that can cut out letters in that skid plate and have the cut out along that top edge a "AV" or spell out avalanche. there is about a 2 to 3" edge along top, you know where i am talking about. what is your opinion since you are the only other guy in the world with a bull bar on the av......haha :cool:

ooh, ooh... nice idea!!! i likes... i'll try either of these contacts from Autoplates.com when i get a chance (sorry too late right now ;) ):

E-mail for information or orders: info@autoplates.com
For retail product inquires call
Toll Free Customer Service 1-888-605-2572 Melbourne Store
(321) 676-9885 - (321) 676-9920 (fax)

... or let me know if you have, and see if they'd be able to do something. the only problem i see is that there might be a slight bend in the skid plate (not sure if it completely straight)... ;D ;D ;D

Back