• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My New Install Pics

topperge

After months of trying my own install and a month of fighting with my local installer I decided to take the 120 mile round trip to one of the best in the country. After 4 days without my truck heres the final product, just like I wanted it all along.

My NFE with Amber DRLs shining, happy to be crankin out tunes
P1010035.JPG

My dual headunit install, in the top the Pioneer Premier DEH-740MP with color matched dashkit and my 30 Gig Empeg Mp3 Player
P1010037.JPG

Whats that 2 6.5s in the doors, must be the new Focal 165K3P set in a custom fiberglass panel
P1010038.JPG

The close up, smoothed and color matched to the vehicle, covered with grill cloth to hide the yellow cones underneath
P1010039.JPG

The rear doors with Focal 165K2Ps, the installer angle mounted the speakers to point upwards for better sound
P1010040.JPG

I lost the midgate, but the sound quality is completely worth it. JL 300/2 for the fronts, half a JL 300/4 for the rears (the other half will be for my center channel later), and a JL 500/1 for the sub, the sub is a single JL 10W7 ported. Trust me it plenty loud as a single 10 and so clean.
P1010041.JPG

What are those? Right now they are only an aux audio input for my portable DVD player but later I'll add video in the dash
P1010044.JPG

The box and the wall from the bed, I added a second battery that all my amps run off of so I don't drain off the main battery.
P1010047.JPG

I'm not trying to gloat here, I'm just extremely excited about this install. I had a great sound system in my trailblazer but this one beats its hands down no questions asked. I really want to thank my installer, Donnie at Duke's Car Stereo in Flint, Mi. If any of you want custom fiberglass work done hes the man. Right now he's ranked in the top 5 installers in the US, people ship him in the parts and he sends them back for the glasswork he does. Tell him Matt with the Avalanche sent you and I'm sure he'll give you a good deal. I can't wait until the next GTG to show off my new ride >:D >:D >:D

Congrats on the new install! I'm glad to see someone so happy with their investment. ;D

So tell us.......how does it sound??

I love it, I highly recommend the Focal Power series, I has the old Polykevlars and the TN41 tweeter was a little harsh. The power series has the new TN52 which is a step above the TN51 from the Uptopia line. I haven't found anything that I don't like to listen to on these. The sound is extremely detailed and it can only get better with time (between tuning and the speakers breaking in). The bass is definitely there but not overpowering like in my trailblazer. This may become my first SQ install vehicle, its that good.

Does anyone have any experience with headunits with Time Delay on them? I heard good things about being able to walk your stage around and do some really good stuff there.

Thats the problem with car audio, you may love your install and how it sounds, but you never done :p

yeah, but what's the hp increase?? >:D Did it improve your mpg? ???

Yeah, all that extra weight alway increases hp, don't worry, thats next on the list, exhaust, intake and programmer

Wow, that is awesome!!!! :eek:

Do you have a close up pic of the HU installed in the center console? That looks clean.

So tell us, what did the install set you back?

I'll take some closer pictures of everything tonight, it is extremely clean, I couldn't believe how good it turned out, the entire install only set my back $1500 in pure labor, I had all the equipment, wiring etc. I also had the box prebuilt when I took it in. I'm not going to break it down by piece what costs what but the rates were extremely reasonable. All my shops locally wouldn't touch glassing the doors alone for under $1500 let alone the rest of the install.

Nice clean install (y)

As promised here are the pics of the lower headunit install. It looks as if he used some type of dash kit as a trim piece around the sled. I may be brave enough to pull it out and look behind, but not yet. The headunit I have is removable and can be hooked up to your home network to put mp3s on it or use it as a player in the house. Thats why it looks different and can be removed so easily.

P1010048.JPG

P1010054.JPG

Not bad The w7 must sound good. What's the size of the box, and the port? I have the JL Amps Fiberglassed in my DOORS. Thats right
I have the Jl 300/4 in one door and the 500/1 in the other. 800 watts
RMS POWER. Full 5.1 DTS sound, But I can still use my midgate..

Glenn Enkei Avalanche

Another member forwarded me a pic of your install, you need to post some pics of your entire truck. Very cool how you put them in the doors, but I dont see how you can't get inteference running the wires next to each other through the gasket. Do you have center channel in your install or just all 4 doors and a sub? What do you have for a sub and where? Stealthbox?

The 10W7 really rocks, I love that sub, no one believes that I can make that kind of sound with a single 10. The box is built right to the JL spec, exactly like it says on the website. I just added a front and a box below it to secure it to the midgate wall and raise it so the port was above the amps. I'd think about flush mounting those amps in my doors cause I really like the look, but I'd have to buy a 4th amp, upgrade the alt, a second W7, put in my center channel....oh boy, my wallet hasn't recovered from this round of upgrades :p Eh, I've got 4 more years of payments so theres plenty of time ;D

I will get pics soon Getting the wires through the doors was not fun!
Thank god for Monster cable. The rear boot had to be cut with all the factory wires then i had to buy the boot that they use in the front.
A lot of work. But worth it!! I do have the Kenwood center ch.
Glenn Enkei Avalanche

The rims are the Enkei Phat's I am the sales Manager in Car Audio.
Plus I have been building show cars and trucks for about 17 years.
Glenn

enkeiavalanche said:
The rims are the Enkei Phat's I am the sales Manager in Car Audio.
Plus I have been building show cars and trucks for about 17 years.
Glenn

That sounds like a great job! I'm sure that there are plenty of perks that come with it! (y)

Topperge,

This just makes me want to redo my setup. Nice system!
(y) (y) (y)

enkeiavalanche said:
I have the JL Amps Fiberglassed in my DOORS... Glenn Enkei Avalanche

I saw some pictures of that - AWESOME! Not only was it a great idea to keep the floorspace for speakers/computers/game consoles, but it looked REALLY good!

To all Thank you vary much!!! I will have to take some good shots
and get them on the site. I've had other people who want that done but when I told them there looking at about $2000.00 just for labor and parts. They say put them under the seats.LOL I also have the
center channel and Mini disc changer Fiberglassed in the center.
Any way thank you and if any of you are in North Jersey Just let me know. I am going to try to get to the GTG at the falls in June.
Glenn Enkei Avalanche

Top,
What happened to your speaker grilles? Are they for sale? I'll swap you mine for yours. Anything....I'd just like to have your silver grilles

Back