• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Souther Alberta - Keystone hood?

sparky

SM 2005
Folks, there has been a long and drawn out story on getting a ram air hood for the cladded Av. Keystone will have one ready to go in about 2 months. This looks like it is a go for sure, finally.
They are advertising it through their network. and are starting to have pricing etc. There is both the hood and a ram air kit to the box if desired. If you go to stylin' concepts web site you can see the hood and get a ballpark estimate on prices
I took the time to get a price quote from one of their reps here in Canada. Just about fell out of my chair. They are looking for a lot more. This is true for other things like wheels and it is so frustrating, Why do they think they have to make a 70% margin on sales ???

Anyway, given their prices I plan to source out of the states, likely through an avalanche associate. I am being told that the hoods normally ship on a pallet of 5. Of course they come in a clear white prime ready for paint.
If there are 4 other people interested in this area I could likely get the GM dealership I use to take delivery of 5 as long as they were picked up QUICK. This could likely save a fair bit on shipping. I'm also going to have mine apinted by a shop close to the dealer. they did my cladding. If you are interested in getting the hood, check out threads here and on club avalanche and Keystones site and then let me know.
I'm sure I will be going ahead, and am not waiting for 4 more to make up my mind, just thought it might be an opportunity for some other folks to use my experience with shipping/customs/duty nightmares and save some serious coin compared to Canadian prices.
Anyone interested let me know.

You are better off dealing with Sumit Racing You will save over $100.00 than Stylin Concepts.
Thanks for the email [again]. The following info is for you and is okay to post on the CAFCNA bulletin board if you wish.

I know this may sound like a stuck record, but the hood is in the final fitting stages [the molds are finished and are being 'tweaked' for exact fit]. Even though the tentative release date was supposed to be this month, we have had to push it back until January. Still, we have been taking pre-release orders for the Av cladded Good Hood through our retail distributors [see list below].

Below is a picture of our 2003 Silverado/uncladded Avalanche hood. The 2002-03 cladded Av hood is the same design. Part number for the cladded Avalanche hood is GHG-120. The optional functional ram-air upgrade kit is part GH-GBXV8 [5.3 engine] or GH-GBXHD [8.1 engine].

You can place a pre-release order for the GHG-120 cladded Avalanche hood from any of the following U.S. and Canadian national retail companies:

Telephone:
U.S:
Autobahn Wholesale 1-800-555-9207
Performance Center 1-800-719-8100
Stylin' Concepts 1-800-434-6497
Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030

Canada:
Tiger Automotive/Grand West 1-306-665-7766
Vehicle Ventures 1-519-966-8642

Please be sure to tell these vendors you were refered to them by Keystone Restyling Products.

Remember: Patience does have it's virtues: You will be rewarded!

Phil Alloy
National Sales Manager
Keystone Restyling Products
1-888-575-3453 Ext. 244
www.keystonerestyling.com
www.keystoneautoglass.com

Any Luck Yet ??
Hi, We expect to have the 2002 Av twin scoop hood ready in mid-December.

Phil Alloy
National Sales Manager
Keystone Restyling Products
1-888-575-3453 ext. 244/phone
1-419-842-2249/fax
www.keystonerestyling.com

Back