• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Front bushing making nonlube noise

g935@comcast.net

I just took delivery of my new AV last Friday. On Sunday I noticed a major noise that I cannot pinpoint. It sounds like a bushing under the truck on the passenger side that needs lube. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was my side steps not tight. I picked the truck up and by the time I got home the same thing. I didn't believe them so I took the step off and it still made the noise. I got underneath the truck and bench pressed the frame up and down alittle and it is coming from some attachment point above the cat. converter. I took it back today without the nerf bar attached and explained my findings and they came up with the same diagnoses again. Without the friggen nerf bar attached!!! These guys are morons. I told the service writer to have one of the techs. get down on his lazy ass and push up and down on the frame and call me in the morning. Anyone have this noise develop underneath your AV. There must be some zert fittings or some way to lube those bushings. By the way, yesterday when I dropped the truck off the first time I had left my sunglasses in the truck. I returned 30 minutes later to find the service tech. fully reclined in my truck sound asleep with the airconditiioning full blast. I knocked on the window and he sprung up. That was at 12:15 in the afternoon. He was going to sleep his entire lunch hour in my truck with the motor going. :8: :E:

Back