• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CAFCNA GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt info

dunes_av

SM 2003
I wrote Gunness World Records to find out how many AVs we need in a caravan in order to get into the record books.... So if anyone is planning a multi region GTG and thinks they can pull this off, here is the current record that we will have to beat, along with info regarding how to go about registering... Anyone think we can get beat the record?

Grey

The e-mail I recived from Gunness World Records is below.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your intention to attempt the record for 'Largest parade of Chevrolet cars'.

We have attached our recommended guidelines for this attempt which provides you with all the details you require to make your attempt. You should ensure that all those participating are aware of the contents of these guidelines, and your attention is drawn to the authentication we require when you come to make your claim.

Our standard agreement form for record attempts is also enclosed and must be signed by yourself and any other individual who may contribute material as evidence (e.g. photos/videos). This must be returned with the above documentation in order for us to consider your claim. Please ensure that your claim ID number (above) is clearly marked on your package and all documentation.

Once the record has been attempted and you have compiled your claim and completed the standard record agreement form, they should be sent to us here at:

338 EUSTON ROAD,
LONDON NW1 3BD,
UNITED KINGDOM

The current record is:
A parade of 2,223 Corvettes traveled from Springfield, Illinois to Athens, Illinois, USA and back on June 25, 1994.

However, you may wish to check with us again closer to submitting your full claim to be sure that a new record has not been set in the interim.

If you should require any further information, please do let us know, otherwise we hope that the event goes well and look forward to hearing the results.

Yours sincerely,

Scott Christie
Records Research Services

I'm sure there's a bunch of us California members down for that! (Including myself) I've always wanted to be in the Guiness book of world records... >:D

I submitted this due to the Lauglin GTG in Feb, just heard back from them today... I guess the 23 AVs we had accross the london bridge in Havasu, AZ was no where near close enought to make it :2:

vdubpig said:
I'm sure there's a bunch of us California members down for that! (Including myself) I've always wanted to be in the Guiness book of world records... >:D

Forget the book, I just want a Guiness! (y)

that is one long line of cars.................

That is a great idea...just not sure enough Avs could be gathered. Depending on the location, I would like to be a part of it.

If the NM club got together we might be a little short ... say 2,218 short. Maybe we can do something with mirrors.

Wait! That's `Vette's, not Avalanches! Do they limit it to any chevy vehicle and that's it?

...And the Av's were on the bridge roadway. Not a stretch of surface roadway...Didn't they see that?

OviedoAV said:
I don't think there is a Hooters that could handle that many AV'ers :eek: ;D

Hooters????.....Heck, I'll just throw another Cookout....I wonder how many kegs I'll need ??? ???

I say we all meet at my house (Jacksonville, FL.) and travel to the Keys and back.

GoBot

Sounds like a great idea, I'm definitely game. Maybe Chevy could sponsor the GAS and have a record-breaking party at the end of the trip. Who knows the higher-ups at Chevrolet?

I would think that we could get into the record book. Someone already did it with Chevy cars, now we can do it with chevy trucks. I think the biggest turnout of AVs this year so far will be the Niagara Falls GTG in June. All we need is another 2,200 members and we'll be set! ;D
If anyone tries to set something up, count me in. (y)

-James. :cool:

OK, let me get out my calculator:

2,224 Avalanches X 221.6 inches per Avalanche (IPA)= 492,838.4 Inches Of Avalanche (IOA)

492,838.4 IOA / 12 inches per foot = 41,069.9 Feet Of Avalanche (FOA)

This is equivalent to 7.78 Miles Of Avalanche (MOA) if they're bumper to bumper.

If the Avalanches were traveling at 40mph, and maintaining the prescribed one car-length of space between vehicles for every 10mph of speed, then the length of the Avalanche parade would be approximately 39 miles.

If all of the Avalanches had a full tank of gas (assuming that they're 1500's) then there would be 68,944 gallons of gasoline in their tanks at the start of the parade.

I think I have a little too much time on my hands today . . .

OK Jimmy....what do you do for a living?

Just a guess, do you wear a pocket protector for this job?

Hmmm, almost like the L.A. freeways, but there's a lot of rice-burners in that crowd. ;D

Jimmy K. said:
OK, let me get out my calculator:

2,224 Avalanches X 221.6 inches per Avalanche (IPA)= 492,838.4 Inches Of Avalanche (IOA)

492,838.4 IOA / 12 inches per foot = 41,069.9 Feet Of Avalanche (FOA)

This is equivalent to 7.78 Miles Of Avalanche (MOA) if they're bumper to bumper.

If the Avalanches were traveling at 40mph, and maintaining the prescribed one car-length of space between vehicles for every 10mph of speed, then the length of the Avalanche parade would be approximately 39 miles.

If all of the Avalanches had a full tank of gas (assuming that they're 1500's) then there would be 68,944 gallons of gasoline in their tanks at the start of the parade.

I think I have a little too much time on my hands today . . .

INFORMATION OVERLOAD - Cannot compute.

OK Dale:

Assuming that each Avalanche traveled at least the 39 miles that the entire parade would extend:

(2,224 Avalanches x 39 miles)/17mpg (estimated)=5,102 gallons of gasoline consumed during the Avalanche Parade. This works out to 130 gallons consumed per mile and is also enough to fully fuel over 164 1500's on empty.

Please, don't ask me to compute the heat generated by all 8,896 disk brakes.

Back