• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"clunking" noise when down and up shifting

jonclell

??? I have a 2003 Av. Ever since I bought it there has been a clunking noise when it up shifts and down shifts. The noise is most noticable at slower speeds, such as driving through a subdivision, etc. It is a Z71 1500 5.3 V8, auto and a 4:10 rear end. Ive had back to the dealer three times, but the noise is still there. Anybody else ever experience this

Thanks

Jon

I have a 2003 AV. I hear a clunking noise when it up shifts and also when it down shifts. The noise is more noticeable at slower speeds, but it also happens when aggressively accelerating. I have had the AV back to the dealer three times, but it has never gotten any better. The last time I took it in, they repacked something, but the noise is still there and is getting worse. I can't tell if the noise is coming from the tranny or the rear end or both

Specs: 2003 AV Z71 Loaded, 1500, 5.3 V8, Auto with a 4:10 diff and trailer pkg. 11,000 miles

Any help would be appreciated, I love the truck!!!! :E: :p

Have you read tghe othr threads in this section....where members complained about hard shifts or noises when shifting?

Soem good info there...

Ps WELCOME to the CLUB

Back