• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Underseat Dual 10" sub box

stepsidez71

Here is my box that goes under the seat it is from musicmooseaudio.com. I mounted my amp on the back of the driver side rear seat. I can still put the glass in the midgate but I can not let the midgate al the way down unless I remove the box. The sound is great from this box. Any questions about the setup feel free to ask.

Attachments

• stepsidez71amp.jpg
    stepsidez71amp.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 419
Very interesting! I never thought of mounting the amp to the back of the seat. not because of room I know there is a little room back there towards the bottom! but because of heat! but I guess it's not much different.

I have 3 amps so heat can become an issue!

I may have to re think my setup see if I can get 1 of my 3 amps mounted on the back to give more room for more speakers!! >:D >:D

Lancheman:
My truck is a 2002.

Irisheye55:
The amp fits fine when the glass is behind the seat. I just mounted the amp low on the back of the seat and then I test fit the amp before I screwded it down. I have about 2" of clerance between the amp and glass at the closest point. Just check the depth of the amp when the seat back is up. To make sure it does not hit.

Whitethunder:
My amp has not got hot yet. There is a lot of room behind the seats and air seems to flow through the back pretty good. Where do you have three amps mounted at right now? and where are your subs?

Does not look like it would be too hard to Fabricate . Would like to get the mesurements off that . Goin to start work on something like the now ..

Can you send a picture from directly above the left speaker and the right as well ? would MAYORly help !!

I now know why i put my amps in my doors..I need the room under my seats for other things.. Like 5.1, XM,NAV,Sirius and other things ;D

Here are some of the deminsions off of my box to help anyone thinking about it.

Attachments

• speaker_box.JPG
    speaker_box.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 439
Stepside,

Hey, this is exactly the box that I am looking for!!! Where did you buy it from??? You didn't take the plastic things off the bottom of the seats???

I got the box from www.musicmooseaudio.com

I did not have to do any thing with the avalanche. The box just drops into place. The plastic stays under the seat.

Will this fit under the seat in a 2003 WBH?

This is exactly what i want, but need to know if it will fit. Anyone try it yet?

Thanks Alot Matt.

Can you take a pic w/ the midgate folded as far down as it will go w/ the box in place?
Thanks,
Damon

03nhavy,

I bought a box very similar to this (i have an 04 avy wbh) and I had to sand down the sides, the top of the front, the front of the box and remove a bar that was attached to the floor underneath the rear passenger seat. It fits like a glove!!! I also had to take the plastic things off of the bottome of the seats. I have 2 10'' Rockford Hx2's in the box!! I mounted my amp behind the rear seat also, and there is room to fit the rear window in stil!!!! Have any ???? please ask me. I will try to post a pic of my box installed but it's raining here today.

I have a similar box and am not impressed with it...It's ok but I want more, Any ideas on the effects porting would have to the box. I am considering porting it in front thought I might get more base.. Thoughts???

suthrncop66 said:
I have a similar box and am not impressed with it...It's ok but I want more, Any ideas on the effects porting would have to the box. I am considering porting it in front thought I might get more base.. Thoughts???

well if you want alot more bass you could always go with a setup like David Perry from TOS.... LOL

(eliminates all use of the bed though)

post-16-10848236672.jpg

post-16-10848234322.jpg

his system is currently being installed, I do not belive they are done yet :rolleyes:

Grey >:D

I've not met him personally but have seen his truck around a few times....It's huge..I think he's going higher too.. Looks like an awesome system if you have the extra funds and can do without the bed.

Back