• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2 1/2 month trailer mod

Backroads2

My trailer is complete! I just finished rebuilding my 4 by 6 trailer, it is now completely made of lexan!
It was getting old, the original sheet metal was rusting and the frame was giving out as well, the frame was replaced by 2 inch tubing and mounted to a 3500lb axil with suspension, extended 2 feet for a platform of expanded steel. The frame is coated in Por 15, army grade paint.
Nothing but the best for my animals..
I was fortunate enough to find lexan in black sheets, so it will never need painting.
Just had to get that off my chest, I have never heard of anyone trying that before.

I like the old gas pump....whhat project do you have in mind for that?

pydpiper said:
My trailer is complete! I just finished rebuilding my 4 by 6 trailer, it is now completely made of lexan!
It was getting old, the original sheet metal was rusting and the frame was giving out as well, the frame was replaced by 2 inch tubing and mounted to a 3500lb axil with suspension, extended 2 feet for a platform of expanded steel. The frame is coated in Por 15, army grade paint.
Nothing but the best for my animals
I was fortunate enough to find lexan in black sheets, so it will never need painting.
Just had to get that off my chest, I have never heard of anyone trying that before.

you think that army grade paint is the best eh? :)....trust me it is not......

pydpiper said:
Nothing but the best for my animals..
I had no idea that lexan was made in other colours, patterns, and textures until I started working at my current place of employment, a spa manufacturer. All of the spa hulls are vacformed lexan and we get all sorts of cool colours and patterns. :)

ygmn said:
I like the old gas pump....whhat project do you have in mind for that?
Actually, it's not my gas pump, nor is the shop. This all transpired in my father in laws up the road, we live in the country so technically he is my next door neighbour.
He has three bays that big, and for my modding pleasure one is equipped with a hoist.. Just a really big hobby shop..He builds everything and anything, I bring beer and stories.. I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking I built this trailer myself, It was him, I just took up space..

Back