• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

UnOfficial "SCREECHING IN" by the NEWF in NIAGARA FALLS & PICS TOO!!

yakmar

OK!! I figure its getting CLOSE ENOUGH to post some TENTATIVE plans now!!

For those of you who DON'T KNOW, there is a ceremony called " SCREECHING IN " here in Newfoundland, in which those people "FROM AWAY" can become HONORARY NEWFIES :eek: :eek: !! (Believe it or not, this is a big deal!!) Now TYPICALLY this is done by making people BOTH (1) Drink a SHot of "NEWFIE SCREECH" and (2) Kiss a CODFISH! :9: :C: (while wearing HIP-WADERS and dancing to NEWFIE MUSIC!) ;D

DUE TO Constraints, ( I HATE CODFISH, THEY STINK!!) I will be holding MY VERSION of a "SCREECHING IN" at NIagara Falls!! It will involve drinking just ONE SHOT of NEWFIE SCREECH, (I will be providing the SCREECH); and Perhaps RUBBING my BALD HEAD in lieu of kissing that ugly codfish :p

SO NOW!! The plan is to have this on SATURDAY NIGHT after all the Festivities are pretty well over !! I picked up the first 60 oz'er of NEWFIE SCREECH :eek: tonight to bring, and I will pick up 1-2 more before I leave !!

I would like to get some idea of to how many people are interested!! Thanking you all in advance for your participation!! (y) :love:

Okay YakMan,

I get the drill. :eek:

I've been through a routine like this on more than one occasion on the Left Coast of Canada. It seems each Province has their own Unique and Traditional Custom to Initiate any and all Newcomers. :0:

As it was typically described to me, "This is another Fine & Wonderful Canadian Tradition." :rolleyes: By a BOD of Labatts none the less! ;D

I didn't read the whole post yet, but do we get to keep the waders on the whole time? :-[

This sounds like it would be worth the trip for me! (y)

Have a great time and, please, go easy on the First Timers! :love:

Cat Dancer said:
Okay YakMan,

I get the drill. :eek:

I've been through a routine like this on more than one occasion on the Left Coast of Canada. It seems each Province has their own Unique and Traditional Custom to Initiate any and all Newcomers. :0:

As it was typically described to me, "This is another Fine & Wonderful Canadian Tradition." :rolleyes: By a BOD of Labatts none the less! ;D

I didn't read the whole post yet, but do we get to keep the waders on the whole time? :-[

This sounds like it would be worth the trip for me! (y)

Have a great time and, please, go easy on the First Timers! :love:

CatDancer, wish you could be there my friend!! We have had some interesting conversations!! (y) :love:

darcar said:
I may be interested :cautious: Kinda scared rubbing the bald head ;)
Yeah... but it least it's rubbing the bald head, and not kissing the bald head as a stand-in for the codfish!
sick.gif

-- SS

I would be honoured to participat yak !!!! ..I am not sure about rubin ay .. >:D >:DMaby we can get a fake cod on the stip in niagrara they sell just about anything there (y)

Nats

as long it is only rubbing the bald head ;) and nothing else gets rubbed ;D we are in. actually looking forward to it, and would be honoured to rub the yaksters bald head.

BTW. there will be 4 of us that would participate: future Mrs Bryker?, me myself and I. >:D

We can't make it to the GTG :-[. Bummer. But, I gotta know...what is Newfie Screech? Would this be like Japanese Sake? Or? Just idle curiousity ;D

Oh, and btw, ain't NOTHING finer than a bald man! I made, err...encouraged Zam to shave his off awhile back. :love: :love: :love:

Mdz66 said:
Not really sure if I should :eek: :eek: :eek: or ??? ??? ??? I will watch the first ones and then make the call. >:D >:D >:DMatt Chicken ahhh maybe???

The usual routine is to keep the uninitiated separated by a curtain. ???

You can't see what's going on, but you'll hear everything. :eek:

Make certain you're wearing your rubber underwear or Depends. You'll need it later! ;)

ShapeShifter said:
Yeah... but it least it's rubbing the bald head, and not kissing the bald head as a stand-in for the codfish!
sick.gif

-- SS

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, NOW you have me a-thinking !! ;D ;D Thanks, ShapeShifter!! ;)

bryker said:
as long it is only rubbing the bald head ;) and nothing else gets rubbed ;D we are in. actually looking forward to it, and would be honoured to rub the yaksters bald head.

BTW. there will be 4 of us that would participate: future Mrs Bryker?, me myself and I. >:D

Uhm, Bryker, I think you may have counted yourself TWICE in that one !! ;)

Cat Dancer said:
The usual routine is to keep the uninitiated separated by a curtain. ???

You can't see what's going on, but you'll hear everything. :eek:

Make certain you're wearing your rubber underwear or Depends. You'll need it later! ;)
...... just keep the following MANTRA in mind:: There is NOTHING better than being a NEWFIE!!! and you will get thru it just fine !! >:D >:D >:D ;)

Yakmar said:
bryker said:
Ummm... I think Yak has already started on the screech and can't count... It looks to me that bryker is counting himself three times! :rolleyes:

(Must be a glutton for punishment!)

-- SS

.... this event should be held on SATURDAY abouts 10:00PM, since in the OFFICIAL ITINERARY, My name is already there in that spot!! and the Dance/etc should be over (Various Socials!)

(y) (y)

Yakmar said:
.... this event should be held on SATURDAY abouts 10:00PM, since in the OFFICIAL ITINERARY, My name is already there in that spot!! and the Dance/etc should be over (Various Socials!)
That itinerary is subject to change... and will soon change slightly... but I think that time slot should still be safe. :cool:

-- SS

Yak.. even though I can't make it. I would be at the front of the line for this!!

I will drink a shot of Jack for ya all on Saturday Night around 11ish.

ShapeShifter said:
Yakmar said:
bryker said:
Ummm... I think Yak has already started on the screech and can't count... It looks to me that bryker is counting himself three times! :rolleyes:

-- SS

Me thinks it's Newfie Math! ???

But they are good at Bingo.

Cat Dancer said:
ShapeShifter said:
Yakmar said:
bryker said:

-- SS

Me thinks it's Newfie Math! ???

But they are good at Bingo.

:p :p :love:

Back