• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WBH Reflexxion Cowl Induction Hoods

Beer

I was leaning towards the GP on the Ram Air hoods that Gman is running but while hanging out in the chat room Reflexxion hoods were brought up. After looking at their stuff I am leaning towards Reflexxion.

Here is a link to a vendor with pics.
Sporttruck Direct

Ref_03_Chev_Blue_Wht_Custom_Cowl_Hood_707600.jpg

I am partial to the Steel "Custom Cowl" Induction Hood (#707600): $399.95 I think that would look awesome black with Nassua Blue Deck Stripes on my Z71.

Anyone put one of these on yet? Just curious.
I might order end of this month and install mid Sept or so. I'll do pics and write up if I do.

Cheers
Beer

Scoops are non-functyional on the 2 step...I called the company. R/

check out the hoods at suncoastcreations.com.The one for the AV is a functional Ram-Air hood. Direct from them it's $695.00 not including shipping.

lsjk94 said:
check out the hoods at suncoastcreations.com.The one for the AV is a functional Ram-Air hood. Direct from them it's $695.00 not including shipping.
Just the naked avs only.
Not real fond of that hood. All a matter of taste but it appears they placed a couple of scoops on the hood and did some cutting work. From pictures I've seen I think you can get pretty much the same look with the Lund scoops.

Just my .02
Wish that earlier one from Reflex. was functional though :E:

lsjk94 said:

Why not add the LINK! It's much easier that way and to be honest in comparison to others i've seen not too impressed.

I like this one Very much but I think like Sparky said it's only for the GMC "SNOWFLURRY"

sparky said:
dhpro said:
Scoops are non-functyional on the 2 step...I called the company. R/
Damn!!! Oh well, at least that just saved me from another possible expense ;)

I am sure you could make that hood fully functional with a dremel and a little patience.

I PURCHASED A REFLEXXION COWL HOOD FOR MY 04 AV.

IT'S PAINTED SILVER BIRCH.

I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE LOOK. IF YOU'RE IN THE DALLAS / FORT WORTH AREA & HAVE ANY INTEREST PLEASE LET ME KNOW. DAVID 972-333-7556 OR
dcook@t-speed.net THANKS!

hubcaphma said:
Hey 04 av...I have a brother-in-law that lives in dallas....how much?
email me....... hubcap@charter.net

Thanks

You're responding to a post that's one year old, I really doubt this is still a viable sale ;)

But there is a GB on the Goodmark hoods..Like this....

Attachments

• Crane 008 (Custom).jpg
    Crane 008 (Custom).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 475
  • Crane 028 (Custom).jpg
    Crane 028 (Custom).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 475
Glenn,

I lightened the second pic a little bit for you.  This way the hoods can be seen.

Attachments

• Hoods.jpg
    Hoods.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 469
JSal69 said:
Glenn,

I lightened the second pic a little bit for you. This way the hoods can be seen.

No amount of light can overcome the wonderful focus ;)

DougD said:
No amount of light can overcome the wonderful focus ;)

Well....? ?That's my boy Glenn for ya....

It wasn't too long ago that he held the camera the wrong way and blinded himself.? ?

:kidding:

Truthfully though...? ?Glenn and cameras don't get along...

Thank God he has Steph.

I was at Crane that night (that's my WBH next to Glenn's, and also in the 1st pic) and he took the pic.? In his defense the lighting was poor and the floods from the building were facing the camera.

I took some pics too and although they did come out better, it wasn't by much.

JSal69 said:
Well.... That's my boy Glenn for ya....

It wasn't too long ago that he held the camera the wrong way and blinded himself.

:kidding:

Truthfully though... Glenn and cameras don't get along...

Thank God he has Steph.

I was at Crane that night (that's my WBH next to Glenn's in the pic) and he took the pic. In his defense the lighting was poor and the floods from the building were facing the camera.

I took some pics too and although they did come out better, it wasn't by much.

Yeah, there's another example of his "skills" in the short owner's thread ;)

Camera in his hand == siezure? ;)

Opps sorry guys. As a new av owner i've just been pouring over all the forums in here. I need to start checking the dates of the posts. I've been try'n to not post the over posted.? I can't tell ya how Great this site is.? I did refrain from buying the "fathers day" cubby snakeeyes back-up system for $399.? Dang!!
? I will still need one but i'll wait till i can get a good deal.? I would like to say thanks for all good stuff and info you folk post.? Thanks again!!

Dave
Oh yeah i forgot...I am making my 05 into a ss type. Does anyone know if 3m makes a silver birch metallic film to cover the 'powerbar'? ....sure would be easier than sanding and painting.

hubcaphma said:
Oh yeah i forgot...I am making my 05 into a ss type. Does anyone know if 3m makes a silver birch metallic film to cover the 'powerbar'? ....sure would be easier than sanding and painting.

Dave,

Do you have a cladded or WBH ?

If you have a WBH you can order direct from your GM dealer, a complete Silverado SS grill assembly painted in Silver Birch Metallic.

That is what I did...  Of course I ordered mine in Arrival Blue.

You will have to order it for an 05 or later as they didn't start to make the Silverado SS in Silver Birch till then.

WBH. Do you recommend local dealer or a web site..or a phone number for gm direct?? I used to own a rice eater......so please type slow and overlook my dumbassness..ness..... :laugh:
I also just came back from Dolly Sods and Spruce Knob...And i can tell ya my av can not be beat as far as offroad driving.? I love this thing!!!!!!

hubcaphma said:
WBH. Do you recommend local dealer or a web site..or a phone number for gm direct?? I used to own a rice eater......so please type slow and overlook my dumbassness..ness..... :laugh:
I also just came back from Dolly Sods and Spruce Knob...And i can tell ya my av can not be beat as far as offroad driving.? I love this thing!!!!!!

Use your local dealer...  You may get a better bottom line price from them, because GM Parts Direct.com charges exuberant shipping fees which negate their excellent parts prices.

GM also has an accessories website where you can buy them, but that price is set in stone.

Talk to your local dealers parts mgr. where you bought your AV.  He may give you a better price.

You can also try DeLillo Chevrolet. They are a site sponser here.  They advertise 10% over cost plus shipping.  Jeff Friley is the contact and the number is (714) 847-6087 and mention you are a member of CAFCNA.

I have never used them before but many other members have.

Hey Jsal69, I went to the dealer today. I asked him about the ss grill. He told me that the silverado and avalanche grill assembly were 2 different items.(part numbers) now i am confused!???

stock hood and streetscene grille inserts 5 piece brushed aluminum.actually im doing the rain dance so i can get a hale storm and turn it to the insurance co. and get an upgrade for a new hood.

Attachments

• 030B6898C80EEA0A898002F0DF460FEA.jpg
    030B6898C80EEA0A898002F0DF460FEA.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 295
Haha....I have a 500 deductable so that wouldnt help much....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-Silverado-Avalanche-Steel-Cowl-Hood-Bolt-on-NR_W0QQitemZ7992423372QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just a link if ya need one..if ya find it cheaper let me know!!!!

ive been looking on eBAY too.but nothing calls my attention.hopefulyy this winter i make up my mind....lol.

Back