• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Traffic indicator on radio

bagobones

I have noticed that the traffic symbol is lit on my radio. It is the bose 6-disc with xm radio. I have tried to push the traffic button to turn it off, but it just puts brackets around it. I have tried this in both fm bands, both am bands, xm band and when playing a cd. Anyone else have the mysterious "traffic light on" problem???

I have and read the instructions too, it takes me a few trys but I get the right button eventually still.

TRAF (Traffic): Press this button to receive traffic announcements. If the current tuned station does not broadcast traffic announcements, the radio will seek to a station that does. When the radio finds a station that broadcasts traffic announcements, it will stop. TRAF will appear on the display and when a traffic announcement comes on you will hear it. If no station is found, NO TRAF will appear on the display. When a traffic announcement comes on the current station or on a related network station, you will hear it, even if the volume is muted or a compact disc is playing. The traffic symbol and TRAF will appear on the display while the announcement plays. If the compact disc player was being used, play will stop during the announcement.

Traffic Interrupt Feature: Your radio can interrupt the play of a CD, or XM, or DAB station. Press the TRAF button. The radio will seek to a station that broadcasts traffic announcements. When the radio finds a station that broadcasts traffic announcements, it will stop. TRAF will appear on the display. When a traffic announcement comes on the station that was found, you will hear it. When the traffic announcement is over, the radio will resume play of the CD, or XM, or DAB station. If no station is found, NO TRAF will appear on the display.

HTH!

I've only had it for 2 months, worthless so far. It's like the weather, I can look out the window to see if there is traffic or if it is raining. >:D

Ever seen an Indian Weather stone ? It's a big rock suspended on a rope from a tripod, if it's wet it is raining, if it's swaying it is windy. If the whole tripod and rock are flying through the air it's a tornado. :p

>:D We'll use that one Flint! >:D
Depicts a lot of things these days!

sperry said:
>:D We'll use that one Flint! >:D
Depicts a lot of things these days!

In CA if it's rocking or swaying back and forth it's an earthquake. :2:

That's very funny flint....I figured it out....had to go back to fm1 and find the station it stopped on.....which is weird because I only listen to xm or cds....thanks for the input......

I've been listening to mostly XM since June 27. XM reception was lousy in the Yoop, it broke up under trees going up or down hills which meant almost everywhere.

Back