• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mods to do while on Tybee

zukracer

PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Sourmash already hit on this in another thread so I thought I'd start a new thread for everyone to post their thoughts/plans.

I know there are some pretty good mods folks know how to do and are willing to help others with, so list the mod you want to do/have done here.

Current list of possible mods:

- full time DRLs
- 4 on high
- bumper cup holder (cladded only)
- trailer power relocation
- neon/led installation (no one has mentioned yet but we all know its gonna happen ;) )
- {whats next on the list }

per David suggestion, I'm looking for a local glow pro for labor assistance and misc. thingies to help us out.

Tinman said:
per David suggestion, I'm looking for a local glow pro for labor assistance and misc. thingies to help us out.

I got that one under control.

Details to follow as we get closer.

David

Add LED StreetGlow Door Scanners. All you need is the scanners themselves. I will provide everything else that is needed. They are available at Circuit City in the Car Electronics section. Cost $22.99 each and the part number is ANISCANNB. The NB suffix is for Neo Blue (my color). Will have different suffix for other colors. I know they have clear, green and red as well. They are also available at:

StreetGlow Website

If I get the chance, I'll pick up a few more & sell them at cost if needed, or raffle them.

Sourmash :)

I can bring a bi-metal hole saw for the trailer recepticle relocation mod (TRRM). Taking the old bracket off is a snap (literally!!) Do I need to bring my drill?

Boo.

BooTheRedneck said:
I can bring a bi-metal hole saw for the trailer recepticle relocation mod (TRRM). Taking the old bracket off is a snap (literally!!) Do I need to bring my drill?

Boo.
Bring it all, bring it all!!
;D

Rob

Received my LED bolts yesterday. I have enough red 5mm to do two Avs sail panels, with a few spares. Got a handful of 5mm blues to do some other things. Now if I can find a good set of instructions tp print out (say less that 15 pages of posts) I'll be doing good. Still need to pick up some more scanners.

Sourmash

;D ;D ;Dill do all the fixed mag light mods,ill bring all th epoxy,,your man in the field abuelito

abuelito said:
;D ;D ;Dill do all the fixed mag light mods,ill bring all th epoxy,,your man in the field abuelito

;D ....something to think about on your way to Tybee Island.

http://www.wtoctv.com/global/story.asp?s=1165451&ClientType=Printable

1165451_BG1.jpg

Sourmash said:
Received my LED bolts yesterday. I have enough red 5mm to do two Avs sail panels, with a few spares. Got a handful of 5mm blues to do some other things. Now if I can find a good set of instructions tp print out (say less that 15 pages of posts) I'll be doing good. Still need to pick up some more scanners.

Sourmash

You don't need instructions... I'll be there and I have installed them five times!!! ;) (y)
This will give me a reason to buy the Cold Heat Soldering gun I have been wanting...

Tinman said:
;D ....something to think about on your way to Tybee Island.

http://www.wtoctv.com/global/story.asp?s=1165451&ClientType=Printable

1165451_BG1.jpg

This is the only kind of snake I want to see at the beach!

Attachments

• snaketat.jpg
    snaketat.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 108
Lord Aries said:
Sign me up for the Cupholder Mod!!! ;D (y)

Aries,

you should be able to do this mod no problem.. you watched me do it to 3 Avs here in AZ.... >:D

Lord Aries said:
You don't need instructions... I'll be there and I have installed them five times!!! ;) (y)
This will give me a reason to buy the Cold Heat Soldering gun I have been wanting...
Great LA! That should save me a week or so lol! :D I do have a bunch of extra Maglight brackets (including the small AA size) & mounting materials and can do that mod for anyone that needs it.

Sourmash

I finally broke down and spent the $12 on a 2" bimetal hole saw yesterday. So I should have that mod completed on mine before STI but will bring a drill and the bit for anyone else that wants to do it (y)

:)hey folks good news got a group buy on epoxy,,if you want in on it pms me ok your man in the field abuelito

I know that this might seem like a dumb A$$ question to some, but can anyone tell me about how much a complete glow and strobe set up in red will run me, I want glow under the truck and in the grill, and hell even in the bed of the truck if I deciede to ride around with my panels off >:D

Big Dog

zukracer said:
I finally broke down and spent the $12 on a 2" bimetal hole saw yesterday. So I should have that mod completed on mine before STI but will bring a drill and the bit for anyone else that wants to do it (y)

Give me a call if you got any questions.

Boo.

Back