• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

STI-II Avalanche Florida Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

SM 2007
Ok Everyone, what times are you planning on driving up?
I took off that Friday (the 29th) so that I could wash my AV in the morning and then head on out. According to AAA TripTik it is about a 4 hour drive so, I plan to leave out of Daytona at 1:00pm. And no Oveido, I will be there on time I have no last minute mods to be done this time. ;)

If you are coming up I-95 from South Florida or I-4 from Orlando Area to I-95 and would like to meet up and caravan together we can meet at the HESS gas station right on Highway-92 (International Speedway Blvd, see map) one exit north of the I-4/I-95 junction.

If you are coming from West Florida on I-10 we can then meet up on the Georgia (north) side of Jacksonville at about 2:30pm-2:45pm, Hangman do you know of a location up there?

This will allow most all of the Florida Chapter to "Invade" Tybee Island all at once!!! >:D

List of Members Meeting at Daytona Beach
Lord Aries
OviedoAV
JohnBChef
420Greg

List of Members Meeting at Jacksonville
Hangman
russpang

Directions to Ocean Plaza Beach Resort from Interstate 95, exit I-16 East toward Savannah. Remain on I-16 East until it becomes Montgomery Street. Take Montgomery Street north to Bay Street. Make a right on Bay Street which is also known as US Highway 80 East. After traveling 20 minutes you will arrive on Tybee Island.

<<==== Maybe :rolleyes: That time sounds good, but I have not figured out what to do since the kids have school that day. I will have to figure that problem out first.

Let me get this straight your taking the day off and not leaving until 1PM?? I am taking the day off also, and taking the kid out of school..
hope pooh doesnt see this..
Hoping to there early afternoon.. ;D
Sounds like the family came down with the __________-flu

Hug_R_Av said:
Let me get this straight your taking the day off and not leaving until 1PM?? I am taking the day off also, and taking the kid out of school..
Sounds like the family came down with the __________-flu

I agree with ya Huggy...my only problem is the kids have missed a total of 10 days of school between the 3 hurricanes, just hate to pull them out again. :rolleyes:

OviedoAV said:
I agree with ya Huggy...my only problem is the kids have missed a total of 10 days of school between the 3 hurricanes, just hate to pull them out again. :rolleyes:
Lucky for me his is only a half a day.. Dont laugh they have missed 3 as well as a result of mother nature

I'm heading out from Orlando, this time around. I'll be there for a Monday to Wednesday conference, so I'm gonna head up to STI-II on Thursday morning sometime, for an afternoon arrival in Savannah....

Anyone else headed up on Thursday?

Hug_R_Av said:
Sounds like the family came down with the Thera-flu

Thera-flu: I got to get Thera Friday with everyone esle.

I have been watching too much Blue Collar Comedy... ;D

Goos news.. Looking forward to driving with you all again..

Hug_R_Av said:
Goos news.. Looking forward to driving with you all again..

You're coming up I-95??? Isn't that out of the way for you? Or do you want to ride with Florida because we know how to represent and we have the Florida Avalanche Precision Driving Team? >:D

"Where my boyz at, WOOOT WOOOT!!! Holla Back Ya'll, WOOT WOOT!!!

You didn't add me already Aries! :sleep: I still have the position saved on my gps. I knew that would come in handy. Add me to the caravan list!
JB

FRS channel 3 sub channel 0
I'll show you my new FRS radio mod!

JohnBChef said:
You didn't add me already Aries! :sleep: I still have the position saved on my gps. I knew that would come in handy. Add me to the caravan list!
JB

FRS channel 3 sub channel 0
I'll show you my new FRS radio mod!

Sorry... You are added now... ;D

Ghost said:
I'm heading out from Orlando, this time around. I'll be there for a Monday to Wednesday conference, so I'm gonna head up to STI-II on Thursday morning sometime, for an afternoon arrival in Savannah....

I just finalized arrangements - I'll be heading up Thursday morning. Now I just need to get the hotel to add Thursday on for me. Is anyone (other than Ghost and me) going up Thursday ??? I'm afraid we'll run out of beer before reinforcements arrive!! >:D

Sourmash.

Sourmash said:
Ghost said:

I just finalized arrangements - I'll be heading up Thursday morning. Now I just need to get the hotel to add Thursday on for me. Is anyone (other than Ghost and me) going up Thursday ??? I'm afraid we'll run out of beer before reinforcements arrive!! >:D

Sourmash.

Maybe >:D the Orlando guys will send several "full :cool: cooler" with Ghost ;)

Lord Aries said:
Tinman said:
Maybe >:D the Orlando guys will send several "full :cool: cooler" with Ghost ;)

Dream on Man of Tin... ;D

I rather not ask Sourmash to drive south on I-95, to pick up several full coolers of Ice Cold Beer for Tybee.....should I ? >:D tell me ;)

We just decided that we will be going!!! We're gonna skip Biketoberfest this year (been there - done that)

We'll leave Friday morning from Tallahassee and could meet the caravan in Jax.

Anyone else coming from West wanna meet up in Tallahassee??

russpang said:
We just decided that we will be going!!! We're gonna skip Biketoberfest this year (been there - done that)

(y)..... Tallahassee to Tybee via Jacksonville :B:

russpang said:

If you saw what Daytona looks like right now, you would probably be in shock... I know, I live there... IT's a mess, we had so many hotles damaged that the city is down 10,000+ rooms! They are talking about canceling Biketoberfest... :rolleyes:

russpang said:

It will be great to see all those mods you've been doing Russ. Can't wait!! :cool:

Sourmash

I have just a slight adjustment to my schedule... I'm gonna pick Mrs Ghost up at either the Orlando or JAX airport on Thursday before "hitting" Tybee..... Probably Jax... She doesn't want to attend the conference in O-town (don't blame her, boooorriing) so she'll fly up on Southwest (39 bucks one way, either destination, pretty cheap). But otherwise, we're good to go...

EDIT! Latest scoop... I'm gonna pick her up at Orlando Thursday AM for the trek to Mecca STI2.
Looking forward to it.....

One more thing... Sourmash, I love that avatar... I can guarantee the Maker's Mark will be with me too! >:D

Lord Aries said:
If you saw what Daytona looks like right now, you would probably be in shock... I know, I live there... IT's a mess, we had so many hotles damaged that the city is down 10,000+ rooms! They are talking about canceling Biketoberfest... :rolleyes:

Aries, tell me more - I have many friends planning on going. I'd like some inside info if you have any.

russpang said:
Aries, tell me more - I have many friends planning on going. I'd like some inside info if you have any.

Russ, they need to call the hotels and check. I saw in the paper,yesterday, that the Adams Mark was closing until the end of the year. Many hotels there received damage, and at a minimum, they have reduced #'s of available rooms. I would imagine Biketoberfest, and Bike week/Springbreak will be a mess this year :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back