• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Georgia DNR Firearms Range

TINMAN

SM 2003
Are you interested in visiting a Georgia DNR Firearms Range in Richmond Hill on Thursday afternoon October 27th, located 15 miles south of Savannah near I-95.

This DNR Range is a Unsupervised, No Fee Required and No Fixed Targets Provided firearms range for public use.

Post your interest and suggestions.

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=121&txtPage=2

MIKE

List of Thursday Shooters :rolleyes:
.....other shooters later >:D.....jello shots much later >:D >:D

Hoss
Jo
Wiki
Tinman
Ghost (like he really needs practice ;D)
Sourmash
lanman1
BootheRedneck
Joeface
Wvusquatch

Im in for this one! >:D All who are skeered say I :eek:

Its been awhile since I have been to the range....should be fun though. Are there going to be prizes for the "sharpest shooter"? How about the worst shooter!!! Now we are talkin'!

Wiki

I wish i could come, i just love to punch holes in paper BUT i live tooo far to go.
If i could i know you would like to play with my Pact Ballistic Chronograph Computer will tell you everything that your Bullets are doing as it goes down range, all you need is some basic facts about what you are shooting but as i said it's just to far.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm interested . . . haven't been out to a range in a while either (except M-16 training). I guess it depends on what time in the afternoon. Are we talking handguns only or rifles too?

bonesaw said:
I'm interested . . . haven't been out to a range in a while either (except M-16 training). I guess it depends on what time in the afternoon. Are we talking handguns only or rifles too?

Georgia DNR allows the public to shoot any legal to own guns.

With that said,I've seen some wild automatics with long clips being used during many visits to the range myself. Bring what you want.

MIKE

Tinman said:
Wiki.....how did you ;) and your >:D H&K compact 9mm shoot today?

My new H&K shot OK.....I still can hit the broad side of a barn at 10ft!! ;D ;D I am ready to practice this weekend. Any takers in the Columbia area on going to the range Saturday. My daughter and I are going tomorow to shoot. She will be practicing with the pellet rifle. I was taught young, and feel it is wise to teach her gun safty at a young age as well.

Respect.....

Wiki

Wiki said:
Tinman said:

My new H&K shot OK.....I still can hit the broad side of a barn at 10ft!! ;D ;D I am ready to practice this weekend. Any takers in the Columbia area on going to the range Saturday. My daughter and I are going tomorow to shoot. She will be practicing with the pellet rifle. I was taught young, and feel it is wise to teach her gun safty at a young age as well.

Respect.....

Wiki

Might work for me. I'll let you know by Thursday.

Would this be after Baileys Sports Bar....or before? >:D

Wiki said:
Tinman said:

Respect.....

Wiki

I'm with you on this Wiki. I was taught young too, and all of my kids will learn safety and handling early as well. Respect for firearms is the natural result of this and I am of the opinion that this and exposure to safety programs such as the NRA's Eddie Eagle program are important to all children that could be exposed to guns. Actually I think ALL kids should learn these, but some people will feel differently.

BTW - Any black powder burners out there. I have a couple of 50 cal. longrifles in addition to modern long guns and enjoy them immensely.

FutureLanche said:
BTW - Any black powder burners out there. I have a couple of 50 cal. longrifles in addition to modern long guns and enjoy them immensely.
I have one that I inherited from my dad, I remember firing it a couple of times when I was about 6 yrs old (with his help of course). Don't remember when the last time it was fired was.

edited for spelling

Tinman said:
Might work for me. I'll let you know by Thursday.

Would this be after Baileys Sports Bar....or before? >:D
Preferably before the "Bar"!!! Silly Rabbit!!

Wiki said:
You can start with the Makers Mark!

Wiki

You can count on Maker's Mark coming along for the ride! I don't leave home without it >:D I'll probably bring my Wilson CQB .45 and an H&K .45 :cool:

Sourmash

I';; bring my TOROS 2000 12ga along - Satin shorty! Haven't shot it yet need to see how this puppy holds its water - or lead ! !
Made in Turkey is a pump and auto combo >:D

For handguns I'll have the small 9mm with me as always. Won't bring the Beretta this time.

Hoss said:
I';; bring my TOROS 2000 12ga along - Satin shorty! Haven't shot it yet need to see how this puppy holds its water - or lead ! !
Made in Turkey is a pump and auto combo >:D

For handguns I'll have the small 9mm with me as always. Won't bring the Beretta this time.

Hossie.....is your Beretta a 92F made in Italy?

YEP PER! ;D :cool:
She is currently "On Duty" with a realtive - note to self; make her buy one get mine back ! ! !

I'm currently secretly looking at the 8357 (cougar frame) sig 357 . >:D Might have to add this to my "Must have" list
OF course priorites prevail and tires, STI II, and Mama Jo's surprise come first!
Which means maybe NEXT YEAR!! :C:

Hoss said:

Hossie, if I owned a Sage Green NFE I would have this 92FS too.

spotlight_OD92.jpg

Back