• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A Sign Of Remberance with our Flags

Hoss

With the permission of our Gallant Tinman, of course :love:

In the Spirit of our Flag flying club and GTG, and keeping in tune with Supporting our Troops. As a sign of Support & Remberance,

I would like to submit the following:

Anyone Flying a Flag at STI II or (not for that matter) place a yellow ribbon on their Flagstaff or vehicle to show our support for the brave men & women of our nation - that we have "Not Forgotten" ! !

I will glady supply the bows/ribbons or materials to make these ribbons for everyone attending who wishes to do so!!!!

Hoss

Great idea & thanks Hoss!!! My birthday is that Saturday and my wife is getting me a flagpole from Musiks as a present. I plan on flying the "Don't tread on me" flag during the River Street cruise and would be proud to fly the yellow ribbon. My oldest son just got back from Iraq last week, and it will be a way for me to celebrate his safe return. Again, thanks alot!

P.S. Perfect 500th post - Congrats!!

Sourmash

Great idea..!!! ;D
Consider it done.!!!!

And congrats on your 500th, could not have been a better one (y) :B: (y)

Bravo Zulu!
542983_39_full.jpg
542983_45_full.jpg
Murman :cool:

Sourmash said:
Great idea & thanks Hoss!!! My birthday is that Saturday and my wife is getting me a flagpole from Musiks as a present. I plan on flying the "Don't tread on me" flag during the River Street cruise and would be proud to fly the yellow ribbon. My oldest son just got back from Iraq last week, and it will be a way for me to celebrate his safe return. Again, thanks alot!

P.S. Perfect 500th post - Congrats!!

Sourmash

2003_october_12_30.gif

Please Hoss.....remember St. Augustine beach - several times :rolleyes:

Sourmash said:
I plan on flying the "Don't tread on me" flag during the River Street cruise and would be proud to fly the yellow ribbon.
Sourmash

Cool, my favorite. Do you have the Gadsden(yellow), the Navy Jack(stripes) the Culpepper Minute Men, or the very rare Westmoreland County, PA version?

Uesque said:
Cool, my favorite. Do you have the Gadsden(yellow), the Navy Jack(stripes) the Culpepper Minute Men, or the very rare Westmoreland County, PA version?

Being USN Ret., the Navy Jack. But I love all of them!

Hoss said:
With the permission of our Gallant Tinman, of course :love:

In the Spirit of our Flag flying club and GTG, and keeping in tune with Supporting our Troops. As a sign of Support & Remberance,

I would like to submit the following:

Anyone Flying a Flag at STI II or (not for that matter) place a yellow ribbon on their Flagstaff or vehicle to show our support for the brave men & women of our nation - that we have "Not Forgotten" ! !

I will glady supply the bows/ribbons or materials to make these ribbons for everyone attending who wishes to do so!!!!

Hoss

This is exactly why Melinda (Tombstone) and I love you guys so much.

Excellent Idea Brother... :love:

Bill

No thanks needed - just an idea for us all to share in :love:

The real thanks goes to our troops & will show in our suport of their service (y)
Went and bought the ribbon today, got enough for all. Now gotta play around to get the right effect ! !

Will make sure we have plenty for anyone wishing to tag their antenna if they don't have a bumper Flag.

Bows/ Ribbons are being produced as of now!
Will be making about 65 to make sure we have enough.

Thought it better to get them made up and hand them and let peeps put em where they want how they want !!
Zip ties come to mind LOL..

Anyway if anyone thingks we need more let me know.

Hoss

Sourmash,
:eek: :eek: That'll work, between oodles of ribbons and your several pounds of ties we'll be in there.

Now we'll find some hotty babes to convince they need to put them on all of the trucks and we'll be hero's drinking beer ! ! >:D :love: >:D

How's your wife like being called "hotty" ?? Mine said it'll take a bit more convincing for her :eek: :cool: :love: :love: ha ha

Look forward to seeing you there..

Nice info site.. :cool: ;D
Got 60 Ribbons made up for us ...

Do we need more??? :eek: >:D

Army Navy Surplus or check if there is a recruiter near you??? May be the might have one they would donate ! ! :eek: >:D

I have always wondwered why people have adopted the yellow ribbon as a sign of rememberance, especially of our troops.

In the song by Tony Orlando, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon... 'round the old oak tree" , the request was made by a convict about to be released from prison.
Does anyone else find it a bit ironic that we use a symbol like this to remember our troops??

I'm just asking a question here, not trying to cause a controversy!

OviedoAV said:
I am ready for mine. Now, if I could only find a good US Army flag to fly before then..... :rolleyes:
I have an extra, if you need one.. Never flown Let me know.. Its yours for the asking
Might trade for a strobe kit J/K ;D

Dakotahoss said:
I have always wondwered why people have adopted the yellow ribbon as a sign of rememberance, especially of our troops.

In the song by Tony Orlando, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon... 'round the old oak tree" , the request was made by a convict about to be released from prison.
Does anyone else find it a bit ironic that we use a symbol like this to remember our troops??

I'm just asking a question here, not trying to cause a controversy!

Well after the Tony Orlando song, a number of Americans tied yellow ribbons around trees for the captives in Iran (from the U.S. Embassy in Tehran). They were in prison for quite awhile and weren't released until Ronald Reagan became president. The embassy personel held captive included military personnel as well. From that point on, it became a popular "statement" for anyone missing, military or otherwise. Nowadays it is common to see it used for those serving in combat but not necessarily missing.

Sourmash

Back