• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Pipeline Equipment List

visualj

Just a note to remind you about some safety equipment.

Not to preach, but I don't know what you all have.

Do you have a tow point, front or rear?? In the rear you can use a 2" receiver hitch.? No the trailer ball doesn't count.

Do you have a jack and spare tire??

Do you have a CB radio?? Good to, uuuhhhh, compliment other drivers.

Do you have a tow strap?? Rated for the weight of your vehicle, and then some.? I have some 30,000 lb rated.

Do you have some food?? I recommend snacks like string cheese, beef jerky, licorice...? You know, good healthy snacks.

Do you have beverages?? No, not THAT kind.? You can get dehydrated in the winter.

Do you have warm clothes? And a blanket.

Almost forgot, do you have some tools?? And is your vehicle in good running shape?

visualj

98 TJ
52 M100

Thanks Jay you can never be over prepared.    We use frs radios I think the cb is gone.  I have a dinner stop planned but if we have a lot of snow we will have to deal with snowmobilers and they can double the population of the whole town.    I have a back up place in mind either way we won't starve.        Matt

That is why I posted this, to remind people that a snow run is a tad different than a summer run.

Heck, depending on conditions, we may get about 200 yards down the trail before we have to turn around.  Been there, done that.  But had fun doing it.

Yah just never know.

jay

98 TJ
52 M100

Jay,  Any other Jeeps coming?      Most Avs have front tow hooks, 2wd  or 4wd.  We will have snow to deal with, just how much  ???  More than 8 to 10 inches I may have to add weight to rear of my Av or I can just follow the tracks.  This week it is suppose to be very cold here possibly -10 degrees after freezing rain on wednesday.      Matt

I will take my  front splashguards off my Av but I will leave my tube steps on as the will protect the rockerpanels.    Mike where are the pics???  Will you have the Revos on???      Weather for the Pipeline area this weekend is cold cold cold and just a little bit of snow.  We only have about 4 inches here they, should have a little more.  Matt

As for the pics, they're still in the camera/computer, having problems with up loading to web,  software is corrupted.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I should have the Revos on be then,? just waiting on new rims,? stock rims only 6.5 inches wide, can't go to bigger tire without going with wider rims.? ? ? will be installing 285/75/16? ? ? ? ? 33" dia.

Mike it isn't that bad.  If we went in the spring it could get pretty ugly.  All the mud holes should be frozen over and probably not even have to wash our Avs when we are done.    Even the neon is fine.  Matt

Ya know one thing I missed?? How about a shovel?

With the temps we are having, there should be absolutely no problem with the water holes.......

I have mentioned it to the clubs I am in, all I got were some laughs? :cool:

Seriously, I think there are going to be a couple of other trucks coming.? I will be calling  people this week.? Some may have a problem getting their trucks together.

I have had people say that even if they don't have a truck they mighjt want to ride along.? Enough that I don't think I would have room, even if I left the rear seat in.

Back