• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

offroad sites

corvettejoe

SM 2003
Anyone know of any good off road places, either free, parks or public, private land etc.  Any where in the US.

If you know of nay in Fl that would be cool too. 
I know in CO there are a lot of Jeep trails and there are suposidly some farms that have been converted etc.

Thanx

CJ

Anyone know of any good off road places, either free, parks or public, private land etc.  Any where in the US.

If you know of nay in Fl that would be cool too. 
I know in CO there are a lot of Jeep trails and there are suposidly some farms that have been converted etc.

Thanx

CJ

I think about every Western State is riddled with trails! It all depends on what type and how hardcore your looking for...

One of them I am trying plan a trip over is the Oregon Backcountry Disovery Route. Over 700 miles of back roads (less than 5% paved)

obdr0_map_nw_reltrk.jpg

There are many miles of good off-roading trails at the Land Between the Lakes park around the Kentucky/Tennessee state line.  Check out the TN section to see some pics of us playing in the mud, hill climbing ect.... (y)

We have some new pics of the offroading trip this last weekend that will be up in the Tn section soon.

In WV, there is a county located in the Apalachains that has bought up all the mined out acreage that is useless for anything else and converted it over to offroading in an effort to promote tourism to this out of the way area. You can offroad for a week and never hit the same trail twice. Give me a bit and I'll find the link from the WV section.

Pdxkevin:

When are you planning on doing the Oregon Backcountry Trail???
Will you be doing alone or proposing a multi AV trip?? I have done similar trips in MT, ID and WA.  It's great getting away from "pavement" and "people".

Steve

these guys went here.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,84008.0.html

pdxkevin said:
I think about every Western State is riddled with trails! It all depends on what type and how hardcore your looking for...

One of them I am trying plan a trip over is the Oregon Backcountry Disovery Route. Over 700 miles of back roads (less than 5% paved)

Wow... the distance from Baltimore to Atlanta unpaved.  That's amazing. 

Mud Diver said:
Man you need to stop by at the Superlift ORV park here in Hot Springs ARKANSAS it rocks! :D

Have you wheeled there?  Thats one place that is on my hit list but i have not been able to make it yet.  We had a family renunion in Hot Springs that I was going to try to make so i could go wheeling but business did not allow the trip :(.  Share pics!

Have you wheeled there?  Thats one place that is on my hit list but i have not been able to make it yet.  We had a family renunion in Hot Springs that I was going to try to make so i could go wheeling but business did not allow the trip .  Share pics!
Actually i have it was a couple of years ago before i had my truck and we went in some of my buddys jeeps. They have some wild stuff up there,what they call a rating 3 i consider a 5. we ended rolling over on our side and getting hung on a tree for 3 hours and it was a blast. As soon as i get the time i would love to take my truck down there. Unfortunatly i dont have any pics cause my friend was the only one with the camera and he has since moved.sorry!

I gotcha, i was thinking it was in your AV.  One day ill make it up there and when i do ill give you a jingle.  If you can make the Hummerx event you shoudl go.  Nice group and youll surely have a blast!

Mud Diver said:
:offtopic: k sounds good when is hummerex?

Right around the corner.  Here is a link, theyd be glad to have you:

http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8027

if you were in new england i'de say join a club. access to trails is very limited here unless your in a club which has access to private land.
its a good idea to join a club in any part of the country though because of trail closures everywhere. the best thing to do is band together to make a difference. find out which clubs are active in your area and get involved because there is alot of work that is done so you CAN wheel those trails.
here is one i am associated with in my area
http://www.nea4wd.org/

heyzipupyourfly said:
if you were in new england i'de say join a club. access to trails is very limited here unless your in a club which has access to private land.
its a good idea to join a club in any part of the country though because of trail closures everywhere. the best thing to do is band together to make a difference. find out which clubs are active in your area and get involved because there is alot of work that is done so you CAN wheel those trails.
here is one i am associated with in my area
http://www.nea4wd.org/
Not necessarily, I know of 2 good places in MA for offroading, and I've never been told to get out. One is a state forest in Lee, MA called October Mtn. Lots of ATV trails and some jeep trails, but also has areas for our big trucks. And also found a road that turns into a trail, just big enough for my AV that came out on a powerline road in Plymouth, MA.

James.

Back