• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Front Bushings Ordered - What About The Rear?

Dougie

I ordered the new Addco bushings yesterday. Looking forward to a better ride.

However, what about the rear? I looked under the truck and they do not look anything like the fronts. In fact, I'm not sure how these even work. But they sure do look easy to replace.

These are my questions - is there any need to replace the rears? What is out there to replace them with? How would beefed up links work? (I get why the fronts work, but where do the rears get beefed up at?)

I did not find much talk on the rears in those two very long threads, so maybe this can be a new one for rear talk.

I am right there with you! I have change the front ones and I think it made a big difference BUT the rear seems loose now! I have also looked and cannot find anything for the rear, there is the poly block that bolts to hold the bar in place but the end links are what I would think we need. It looks to me like you will need to replace the whole end links as the bushings look to be molded into them. I know that the Avalanche is on the same platform as the Suburban and I cant find any repacement rear link for it either! I am taking my Z66 in to an alignment shop Friday to get a 2" front left (so it will set level) I will have them look at the bushings and see what they say.

Butch

Back