• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

4wd Dash Indicator Lights

rgramjet

I was taking a test drive with the head mechanic at my dealership yesterday. We were trying to recreate some ABS problems I had.

My question is, when switching from 2wd to either Auto-trac or 4wd hi or low, my truck doesnt have any dash lights that indicate which mode Im in. Ive had so many problems with this truck that I dont know whats what anymore.

Ive got a case with the BBB and GMAC. I think GM is going to try to stick me with a 100k warranty and a pat on the back but Im not standing for that.

Thanks in advance!

Whats ya question or are just venting?

lol definitely venting!!

My question is, are there lights that indicate what mode my transfer case is in? (Besides the little leds next to the buttons.)

I do not have any dash lights indicating when I'm in 4WD...just the lights on the switch.

Other than my Jeep Grand Cherokee which was full time 4WD, this is the first 4X4 I've seen that does not have an indicator light on the dash.

in my brothers 99 silverado...same 5.3 engine and very similar instrument cluster...it always warns of 4wd...my AV did the first time or two and now does warn anymore

Page 2-101 of the manual shows the dash and gauges; there is no indication of a 4X4 indicator light there... only the LED that is on the engagement buttons themselves.... :cautious:

U.S.A.valanche said:
Page 2-101 of the manual shows the dash and gauges; there is no indication of a 4X4 indicator light there... ?only the LED that is on the engagement buttons themselves.... :cautious:

The indicator light on the pushbutton switches is standard on all AV 4X4's. ?Is'nt it??

The only lights you are going to see for being in 4x4 on the 02 or 03 are the LED's on the buttons used to engage 4x4. The only time you will see a 4x4 message on the dash is when the service 4x4 comes up in the message center - same place as the low fuel warning.

Back