• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Replaceing Intermid. Steering Shaft??

WS6Y2K

Charter Member
Anyone done this before? When I had about 25K miles the dealer said they replace this on my Av. I looked on the reciept and they only listed the special lube kit and do not list the part # for the intermid. steering shaft. So I don't think the replaced it just lubed it.

I have seen some post that the dealer has replaced this real quick. I took a look at it and looks pretty simple. Just not sure where to unbolt it from. If someone has a service manuel can you give me the details on how to replace this.

The problems I am having is popping noise and steering wheel feeling loose. I now have 46K miles and would like to replace it myself. I just need a little guidence and part # to order the part.

Hey Hernz,

I had my intermediate steering shaft replaced due to a popping noise, but the noise is still there. I surmise that the noise I have is not assoicated with the shaft.

Let me know what you find out. Good Luck!

Boo.

Back