• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

Lightning

So I am driving home last night and my transmission takes a crap on me.

1st gear is alright, 2nd gear is alright, no 3rd or higher.

I am not too happy right now; I brought the truck to the dealer this morning. Hopefuly it will be fixed soon.

In addition to the transmission...
  • midgate is in for the 2nd time on leaking problems
  • The light on the license plate and under the hood do not work
  • The E-Brake is giving me problems again with no releasing and not holding.

MY LIGHT UNDER THE HOOD DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU TAP IT THEN IT COMES ON.

NO PROBEMS WITH MY TRANS AT 22000. MI

Hope it's OBDII related and not tranny related. Sounds exactly like my son's AODE on his super charged 95 Mustang when he blew out 3rd on up clutch packs. He had 1st & 2nd and lots of pieces/parts in the oil pan.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE AN UNDERHOOD LIGHT! Oops, didn't mean to "shout". :rolleyes:

At least you have a light under the hood. Pretty lame that you have to get an upgraded package (not even sure which one) to get a light. THIS SHOULD BE STANDARD. :mad:

I have about every option except a sun roof(which I did not want) and I don't have a light under the hood. I don't think its possible to get one on an 2003. I wish GM would just charge me the $5-10 and give me what every vehicle should have. Gee $37,655 or $37, 665 doesn't really make much difference to me.

I go in tomorrow to check the status on the transmission. I'll post an update in the morning after my stop at the dealer.

Back