Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIG Vs. small club chapters :  (Read 5685 times)

rxzruby

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Naked, it's funner that way!
    • here is the website title
BIG Vs. small club chapters :
« on: March 19, 2005, 17:05:04 PM »

Hello everybody, i am going to ask this question to every individual club cafcna has.
what is better; a small local club or a larger more regional club. i also ask this for the coordinators and administrative (steering committee and all the sort), what do you guys at the top of this great club prefer. a large club or a bunch of smaller clubs. 
i have a feeling most of y'all are going to say "what ever works, works, so make it work, what ever that is do it. just thought i would ask anyway. i have a feeling my local club currently the DFW (texas) chapter will be breaking up into smaller chapters. recently their has been eger development into a new denton chapter which is north of DFW. if this happens i have to believe that fort worth will be breaking into their own chapter which is west of DFW and again for the dallas group which is east of DFW.
the DFW chapter currenlty serves approximatly 60 mile by 60 mile area or actually the entire north central texas for whom ever is brasin enough to drive it every month.

your comments and suggestions are welcome,
Rxzruby
 :B:
WHAT: 2004 WBH Z66 Summit White Nation #67  :B:
MODDS: McGaughys 2"/3" Drop, 20" BOSS 301 w/ 285/50/20, MagLight & White Fire Extinguisher MODD, Red Sail Panel LED Lights, Billet Grill, White Bowtie, Chrome Exterior Door Handles, Painted Calipers.....
FUTURE MODDS: Subwoofer, Escalade Platinum Cluster, Chrome Interior Door Handles...
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=91

rxzruby

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Naked, it's funner that way!
    • here is the website title
Re: BIG Vs. small club chapters :
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 20:43:20 PM »

umm, bump ;D
WHAT: 2004 WBH Z66 Summit White Nation #67  :B:
MODDS: McGaughys 2"/3" Drop, 20" BOSS 301 w/ 285/50/20, MagLight & White Fire Extinguisher MODD, Red Sail Panel LED Lights, Billet Grill, White Bowtie, Chrome Exterior Door Handles, Painted Calipers.....
FUTURE MODDS: Subwoofer, Escalade Platinum Cluster, Chrome Interior Door Handles...
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=91

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 07:12:34 AM »

What ever woprks for local people to gtg and have a good safe time....

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

Yakmar

• A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 07:14:46 AM »

What ever woprks for local people to gtg and have a good safe time....

Ditto, Skipper!!
2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 07:38:02 AM »

As of yet my area has not been able to form a cohesive club. :(

I have been a member of different types of clubs,some national and some local chapters etc.
In my experience the size of the local chapter can be set by the national organization and based on many things.Geographical is one way to set a region. If the area is too large and members have to travel a great way to attend meetings or events they will stop comming.
It could also depend on if the local is sponsered by a dealership and has assistance from them. (Such as every new owner gets a free 1yr membership etc.)
The bigger a local club the more egos you have to contend with and as in most clubs the grunt work is done by a small core of diehards
If you find out that your area is splitting up into smaller groups they you should find a group that you feel comfortable with and stay with them.
The way to get the local groups to get together is have some joint GTGs and maybe offer some friendly challenges such as who recruited the most new members over the year, who donated the most to a charity etc. Some bike groups offer trophies for the largest chapter at a paticular GTG.
My .02 about this Va. area is that the majority of AV owners just consider it as a means of transportation and are not emotional about it. Then we have a large transient population of military folk who are moving a lot and it is hard for them to put down roots. Also the age bracket of AV owners is very widespread and these owners have different lifestyles and experiences in their life as well as different priorities.
Good luck with your local efforts! ;D
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

Yakmar

• A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 08:00:52 AM »

Our local Club has ME, as the GrandMaster Overlord Mister sir!! WOrking on others, but its a SLOW process!!  ;D
2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.

bonesaw

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »

Then we have a large transient population of military folk who are moving a lot and it is hard for them to put down roots.
This is one reason why me and my wife like the whole "big club" thing.  Where ever we may get stationed, we can probably find someone from the site.  And we know we would still see some of our buddies from here at the BIG GTGs
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 18:48:59 PM by bonesaw »
I'm trying to think of something witty to put here . . .

enkeiavalanche

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 13:07:04 PM »

Well we are one Big happy Av Family There for we are all in this together.. As for the smaller areas..

I always say the more the better..I go all over the country meeting as many Av owners as I can.. I've seen small clubs and Big ones..  I guess it all depends on how far a member wants to drive for a GTG...

I know when I run The Great Hot Dog Run, I get people from as far as 100 miles away... Just for some good Eating and fun times... :D: :1: ;D

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 14:45:19 PM »

For those of you who have been to many GTGs and seen large and small chapters,
What seems to create a cohesive long lasting group?
Does it work to just wing it and have occasional GTGs or do you try to have a more formal setting with a chapter name,officers, and set meetings like once a month etc?
Does dealer sponsorship help? Does including other things like charity fundrasing help for larger attendance or does it keep people away? I know with my motorcycle groups they are getting burned out on charities since there is several events each weekend to contribute to and it adds up.They have started having "fun runs" just to ride for the fun of it.
I guess I am asking if you consider it a successful local group if you only meet once every couple of months for a few hours? Or do you expect more from a local chapter? ???
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 23 queries.