• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Omaha Sam and Louie's II, 4/9/05.

BlazerPride

SM 2005
I talked to S+L. How about 4 o'clock?
180th & Q.

If this works for everyone, let's start a sign-up list, and I'll let them know.
Let me now if you're in, I'll keep this list running.

GTG List:

Av-n-Taz +3
Tdybr27
ChevyThunder
MAB +1
Pennfold
rls475 + 1or2

How about it, Tdybr? You gonne make it a GTG weekend?

Definitely in!!!!

I should have my lights by then too!!!!!

Any thoughts on the actual cruising idea? I will mod the flyer for the last GTG and get to tagging.  >:D Can't wait to see that new AV Chris.

Sean

Count me in, although the Mrs will be at work then.? Put a possible +1 in case my daughter wants to come along.

Flyers look great, Sean.

Got you signed up, Mark. Sorry the wife can't make this one.

See you there.

Sounds like a fair turn out.

Way to go, Sean. Let's hope some of those tags show.

Anyone else interested, come on out. We'd be glad to have you.

See you all there.

E J

See if this sounds right from Mapquest... from I-29 North hit I-80 West to 126th exit toward Harrison.  Merge on to S 126th, turn left on Harrison, turn right on S 18th (I'm assuming that's 74 blocks?) take 18th to Q

Tdybr27 said:
See if this sounds right from Mapquest... from I-29 North hit I-80 West to 126th exit toward Harrison. Merge on to S 126th, turn left on Harrison, turn right on S 18th (I'm assuming that's 74 blocks?) take 18th to Q

Sorry, no. Harrison is closed for construction. I would recommend...

Take I-80 to the Hwy 50 exit.
Hwy 50 (a.k.a. Millard Ave.) North to 'Q' St.
'Q' St. West (left turn) to 180th St. (not 18th).
Sam and Louie's is on the Southwest corner.

Does this help? (Keep my cell #, from the PM, handy.)

Sorry everyone, I am out for Saturday, I am relocating my main office from Blair to Omaha on Saturday, I won't be done by than.  Thanks for getting this all set up, hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

Take care everyone.

Later.

Not even for an out of towner?  :eek:  btw guys, since I'm coming up to Omaha, and been up for 3 or 4 GTG's, it's y'alls turn to go to KC for one!  ;)

Hey Chris,? ?:0:

To keep your driving directions simpler, you can exit off of I-80 directly onto Q Street and just head west out to 180th street.? You'll be exiting I-80 at about the equivalent of 116th Street, so it's about 5.5 miles west of there to Sam & Louie's.

Now, here's the tricky part....... :p

To be able to exit I-80 onto Q Street, you have to be in one of the right two lanes after you pass the 84th Street exit.? The junction of I-80 and I-480 has one exit, those right two lanes, that allow traffic to exit for Center Street, I Street, L Street and Q Street all from the one same main exit.? This isn't a real obvious fact as you approach this junction; although there is signage, most newcomers aren't expecting it because you're still over a mile away from Q street at this location. :eek:? Miss this one and you can't get off of I-80 as you cruise right past Q Street.? But don't worry, it's about a mile and a half from 84th Street to the I-80 / I-480 / Center-I-L-Q Streets split, so you should have plenty of time to get into one of those right two lanes.?

Once in those lanes, just hang to the left as you exit, it will basically parallel I-80 but you'll see the exits for these streets.? Q will be the last one and it's a trumpet-style of exit, albeit one without any of the other ramps that make up a normal trumpet-style exit.? Turn left onto Q at the traffic light.

In any event, you can certainly follow the instructions previously posted should you miss this one, it's just a bit longer drive.? Omaha is laid out pretty much on a grid, numbered streets run North-South and named streets (such as Q) go East-West, so in any event you should be able to find it easy enough.

See ya tomorrow!? ?(y)

I made it home safe guys!  No problems except that darn deer standing in the passing lane just inside the Missouri state line!  :E:  Didn't hit him, just gave me a heart attack is all!

Nice meeting new faces and seeing Mark and Sean again!  Looking forward to next time when  you all can come down to KC!  ;D

Back