• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cleanest Av at Niagara

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
Who will have the "Cleanest Avalanche" at Niagara.? ???

I have volunteered and been given permission to coordinate the judging of "Cleanest Avalanche" at Avs Cruise Niagara 2.

Do you think your Av is super clean?
Do you pride yourself on how good your truck looks?
Do you have a reputation for being obsessive about keeping your Av clean?

Huh, do ya?
Then this is the contest for you!

This contest will be judged Saturday, at the park, assuming that the weather cooperates.

I would like to have 3-5 volunteers to join me to be judges.
This will take approximately 90-120 minutes of your time on Saturday.

Judges will be ineligible to compete.
That means that I will be ineligible to compete, so now the rest of you have a chance to win.? >:D

I ask that judges be an Av owner (or spouse of an owner) because owners are more aware of how fanatical we all are about our trucks and should be more careful and conscientious when pouring over someone else's Av.

I will have a checklist and scoring sheets for each judge to use.

This is a "clean" award, not a "mod" award.
We will not be judging on "bling," only on CLEAN.

Paint chips and/or "trail scratches" won't count against you.
If a blemish cannot be removed by cleaning, then it will not count against your score.
Don't let a few "signs of use" scare you away from entering.

Basically, if the judges can see it and it is clean, then you will get points for it.
It is up to the individual to decide how thoroughly he wants to clean his Av.

We will judge only the Avs of those who want to compete.
Contestants must volunteer to be judged to be in this contest.
We are planning to include an entry form with the registration materials that you will receive at Niagara.
Put your screen name on the form, put the form on your dash and we will know that you are up to the challenge.? (y)

So who is interested?
Who wants to compete?
Who wants to judge?

Judges: (so you know who to bribe) J/K!  :rolleyes:
GoldBowTie
Toots (Mrs GBT)
Hug_R_Av
MrsVMer

I will update this post as more information becomes available.

So, the guy with a brand new one shows, and....

I mentioned this for the SoCal Megameet, but there was no interest. `Hope your's works!

Maybe break it up into year models?

Will you have one for the dirtiest? >:D

Good luck!

sperry said:
So, the guy with a brand new one shows, and....

Like GoldBowTie said, Judges will be ineligible to compete.

I've seen his '02 and mine wasn't that clean off the factory line or the dealer lot.

Better watch out for a BAD av out of Virginia..  Cleanest I have seen in a long time..  Loads of detail on this red 2002..  >:D

Like GoldBowTie said, Judges will be ineligible to compete.

Hmmm, `Don't know where I addressed that.. ???

Anyway, I relate. Hours underneath, different light, goggles & pressure washers.. Still find places..  :E:

One tough job!

GoldBowTie said:

Judges will be ineligible to compete.
That means that I will be ineligible to compete, so now the rest of you have a chance to win.? >:D

This is the TRUTH!! We once rode in the back seat of GoldBowTie's AV, it was cleaner than mine was when it was delivered to me!

Butch

The devil is in the detail...lol  >:D

There are some key spots that really indicate how a person cleans the AV. I recommend having certain criteria as in the oldest/cleanest AV. Granted New AV's are clean, but...there are still many areas where a brand new AV needs attention.

I think the judges should get together and decide on basic areas to judge and then..other not so basic areas to judge that will be kinda like tie breakers.

HUg_r is right.

Jutbad.....That AV is awesome!!!! I took a lot of notes from then at BG.

sperry said:
Will you have one for the dirtiest? >:D

As for dirtiest Av, I had not considered that.
Not really my area of expertise.  ;)

ChevyThunder said:
I think the judges should get together and decide on basic areas to judge and then..other not so basic areas to judge that will be kinda like tie breakers.

Already in the works.
I have a detailed checklist and will go over it with the judges ahead of time.

Keep the thoughts and suggestions coming.  (y)
That is part of the reason why I started this thread.

Flint4x4 said:
I've seen his '02 and mine wasn't that clean off the factory line or the dealer lot.

Z66 BUTCH said:
We once rode in the back seat of GoldBowTie's AV, it was cleaner than mine was when it was delivered to me!

Butch

Thank you, guys.
You are much too kind.  :love:

Dang, I wish I was able to attend!  I might have a shot at that one!  Mine is an '02, only have 13K on it, and has never been in snow or salt, only been in the rain twice....  I am pretty picky about my AV!!  ;D :love:

KC_Steve

Good idea!!! Man how I wish to join you guys over there!

BTW on our last European GTG, SamHouseIII`AV was in real mint condition and definetely shiny like a diamond!! :eek:

Woodworker said:
GB, are you going to publish your check list before hand?

Nope.

GoldBowTie said:
Basically, if the judges can see it and it is clean, then you will get points for it.
It is up to the individual to decide how thoroughly he wants to clean his Av.

This probably seems unfair, not knowing exactly how you will be judged.
But I don't want to provide a "cheat sheet."

Just be aware that the judging will be very thorough.  ;D

definitely sounds like something i would interested in.  don't think i will e able to make it though.  i have a Family Reunion i have to attend on the 4th of July weekend.  trying to keep all funds available for that.  but, if for some reason i can make it... watchout!! >:D

PUNISHER, I'm glad to see that you're interested.  (y)
I hope that you can make it.

I have updated the first post here.
We are planning to include an entry form with the registration materials that you will receive at Niagara.

This contest is open to all registered Avs at Niagara, but you must volunteer to be judged.

You don't have to clean your Av to enter, but you probably should if you want to win.  :2:

If you need a judge, I can do it...  As I know cleanest AV I wont have... ;)

Why not be fair and have a contest for the most filty AV as well :love:

cadboy1 said:
Why not be fair and have a contest for the most filty AV as well :love:

They had both awards last year  ???

I took cleanest, and AJ took dirtiest.      I dont think I'm gonna spend as much time this year cleaning,  I wanna just enjoy the company, rather than worry about a clean truck all weekend  ;D 

JJsnowking said:
They had both awards last year? ???

I took cleanest, and AJ took dirtiest.? ? ? ?I dont think I'm gonna spend as much time this year cleaning,? I wanna just enjoy the company, rather than worry about a clean truck all weekend? ;D?

I hear that. When I go to my Impala SS big events many people spend countless hours detailing. I spend countless hours drinking :love:

JJsnowking said:

I took cleanest, and AJ took dirtiest.? ?

Wouldn't it be something to win cleanest & filthiest the same day ?? >:D

EDIT: If the Dirty AV contest was first it would be a fiat

cadboy1 said:
I hear that. When I go to my Impala SS big events many people spend countless hours detailing. I spend countless hours drinking :love:

;D  Yeah we can drink and talk about the Yankees  ;)

Josh

JJsnowking said:

I took cleanest, and AJ took dirtiest.? ? ? ?I dont think I'm gonna spend as much time this year cleaning,? I wanna just enjoy the company, rather than worry about a clean truck all weekend? ;D?

;) ...wash time for AJ.

2003_october_12_34.jpg

2003_october_12_32.jpg

Back