• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NIAGARA FALLS GTG III!!!!!!!!

June 2-3-4 2006, I'm gonna make it next year.

JustMove said:
I wanted to beat Yak to the first 2006 Niagara Falls GTG Post!!!!

365 Days Left!!

CAN'T WAIT III!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait either! :cool:

And thanks, buddy, for stepping up to the plate. (y)

This is going to be a great GTG with you heading up the planning. >:D

-- SS

ShapeShifter said:
I can't wait either! :cool:

And thanks, buddy, for stepping up to the plate. (y)

This is going to be a great GTG with you heading up the planning. >:D

-- SS

WELCOME to the committee JustMove. I will let you know when our first planning meeting will be held . Thanks for volunteering.

If I go next year, you guys will go the the 06 CA MegeMeet... Right?

Or maybe the 05 one and I owe you... >:D

umm excuse me, but uh, ??? ??? ??? ??? is there any PICS around here, for those of us less unfortunate people who didnt get to go?

Yakmar said:
WHAT HAPPENED to you and your family that you were not there this year as you said??? :E:
JustMove (aka Mini-Yak) said:
Yeah...I want to know this too!!!

Hey, lol it soooooo stupid, i am still mad :8: :8:!!!!! NewtoLI said she will  tell u the story  tommrow at work!!!!

LilRedneck543 said:
Hey, lol it soooooo stupid, i am still mad :8: :8:!!!!! NewtoLI said she will? tell u the story? tommrow at work!!!!
HUmmm  I kept looking for you all, as I still have a CASE of Boiled Peanuts in my truck...

Btchinj said:
III haha wow... you'll have even less show up... then this year... i would find it kinda old going there every year...

There wasn't a lot less that showed up.  It was better organized this year also.  Oh...and I didn't see you there so what do you know about getting old going there??

Btchinj said:
III haha wow... you'll have even less show up... then this year... i would find it kinda old going there every year...

Also it was at a different park, private this time and I personally and a much better time as JustMove said, it was better organized (not that I was bad, II was better).  Come to III and see.  ;D

I just wasn't to crazy about the park this year plus I was having a hard time keeping my kids awake. the cruises a couple of times broken up, now the paring lot, THAT was a blast I had a lot of fun there, the food at the dinner was real good.

JustMove (aka Mini-Yak) said:
There wasn't a lot less that showed up.? It was better organized this year also.? Oh...and I didn't see you there so what do you know about getting old going there??

I had to work Saturday night for both the BG & NF GTGs this year but hope to make it next year. Besides the quantity of trucks is irrelevant, (all the trucks look good to me) it's the quality of the people that counts ?:p ?

I can't think of a better location than Niagara Falls to do a CAN/USA GTG due to population proximity and the great natural wonders that abound there. Accomodations and activities are also first class and other than gas prices the exchange rate makes stuff relatively cheap. I will suggest Windsor/Detroit for a possible alternate site in the future as they actively compete for conventions and Detroit is the Motor City. (read we might get media attention + discounts ?:p

just thinking
I'm not on the Planning Committee but with the advent of the new GMT900 platform Detroit is worth looking into for the 2006 CAN/USA AV GTG if for nothing else than to compete for better hotel rates with NF ?

Flint4x4 said:
I had to work Saturday night for both the BG & NF GTGs this year but hope to make it next year. Besides the quantity of trucks is irrelevant, (all the trucks look good to me) it's the quality of the people that counts ?:p ?

I can't think of a better location than Niagara Falls to do a CAN/USA GTG due to population proximity and the great natural wonders that abound there. Accomodations and activities are also first class and other than gas prices the exchange rate makes stuff relatively cheap. I will suggest Windsor/Detroit for a possible alternate site in the future as they actively compete for conventions and Detroit is the Motor City. (read we might get media attention + discounts ?:p

just thinking
I'm not on the Planning Committee but with the advent of the new GMT900 platform Detroit is worth looking into for the 2006 CAN/USA AV GTG if for nothing else than to compete for better hotel rates with NF ?

I agree with Flint4X4's point it is not about the quantity of trucks, it is about the quality of the people and I would say the the quality was outstanding, we had an engagement, we had two members leaving one state honored for their dedication and commitment, and best of all we had a BLAST!!!!!!! So it does not matter if we had 10 or 110 AV's we were together with the AV's having fun, with people who love the AV's  having fun too, that is really all that matters, is it not? ???? ?

Btchinj said:
... i would find it kinda old

and just what is wrong with "kinda old" ? I "kinda" prefer it to the alternative.
Not that I'm admitting that I'm getting old mind you.  :p

HeavyD said:
I just wasn't to crazy about the park this year

Yeah, that was an issue, also for the planning committee. When we scouted the field, it was covered in a layer of snow, with a smooth area in the center. It was represented to us as nice grassy areas, with a lovely pond, a stream, and a bridge to be added to cross the stream. When we got there, we found it was basically a recently mowed hayfield, a dirt road we weren't expecting, and the pond/stream was something less than lovely. :cautious:

This facility was chosen to address some of the issues from last year:
  • Parking was too far from the other activities (parking was closer this year)
  • It was a public park and there was concern about leaving trucks unattended (this year it was a private facility, with no outsiders)
  • Parks service food was only fair, and expensive, drink selections were limited (this year, meal was professionally catered, quality was better, beverage service improved.)
  • Poor DJ evening entertainment (This year a daytime sound system was added, as well as a live evening band.)

the cruises a couple of times broken up

The committee is well aware of the cruise issues. We know cruising is a big part of any GTG, but there are so many pedestrians, and so much traffic in the area, that a large cruise is out of the question. We tried it last year, and it just didn't work.

We tried to learn from last year, and address some of the concerns. We also learned a lot from this year, and will take the new concerns to heart if we do it again next year. We have an updated list of event requiements, and will do someting rather different next year. We won't make the same mistakes twice, we'll make entirely new ones.

-- SS

ShapeShifter said:
We won't make the same mistakes twice, we'll make entirely new ones.

-- SS
Here's to new mistakes :2:

I congratulate the entire committee on a fine job.  Any time you try to work an event in that kind of tourist mecca, you are going to run into the problems we did.  If I could offer one more suggestion to improve,without sticking my foot in my mouth,  it would be to have more people interspersed in the convoys and events who know how to get to and from one event to the next.  I thought I'd been abandoned at the winery when I walked out and saw that the only AV in the parking lot was mine.  :eek: Fortunately, someone came back and rescued me. :love:

Dazed Dave said:
If I could offer one more suggestion to improve,without sticking my foot in my mouth,

Ask JustMove what happens when you open your mouth! >:D

it would be to have more people interspersed in the convoys and events who know how to get to and from one event to the next.

We'll make sure you have a complete set of maps next year so that you can help out the stranded Av'ers. (y) Thanks for volunteering to be a guide!? ;)

But seriously, that is a good suggestion, and we'll take it to heart. (y)

-- SS

Back