• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Observations from within a muddy truck

A.J.

SM 2003
First of all, thanks to Sunuva and James21 - I had a blast on our excursion.

I thought some of you might get a kick out of some of the things experienced by having my truck so muddy.? And, some of you probably think I'm an a-hole.? ?;D

If you weren't lucky enough to see how muddy, here's a quick shot:
full_mud.jpg

-Never have I turned so many heads in my truck.? People were literally stopping on the street and taking pictures.? Here are some of the things I heard:

• "Do you get paid to do that?"
  • GMAN and I took a trip to Toronto to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame.? While pulling into the city, a bum came running through 4 lanes of stop and go traffic.? I thought he was going to offer to clean the truck for some money.? Instead, he bugged me over and over about writing "I AM Dirty" in the truck.? That's all he wanted to do...
  • At the next light, we heard a pedestrian yelling "Before and After."? I'm not sure if my truck was before, or Gary's was...
  • "You should be on a Chevy commercial"
  • "Did you do that at work?"
  • "Did you do that on purpose?"
  • "Go to a car wash!"? ?(followed by)? "Go Home you stupid Americans."

-I no longer needed to use my speedometer - I could tell the speed of the truck from the various types of vibrations and rattles.

-The "mud bombs" continued to drop - even 3 days later!? The best was on the way home from Canada (well after dark)...? On the highway doing about 85MPH, I hit a bump in the road and looked in the mirror to see the 3 cars behind me enveloped in a cloud of dust.? The guy behind me (who was tailgating) slowed down and moved over a lane.

-I finally went to the car wash on Wednesday.? I paid the guys up front an extra $20 to do some extra powerwashing.? They were estatic - climbing up on the bed covers to clean the roof, laughing at the mud clumps in the wheelwells - they had a blast.? Needless to say, after coming out of the carwash, it was still dirty!? They sent it in again, and it's clean (from a distance).

-Almost a week later, there is still mud falling from the undercarriage.? I took some pictures yesterday while on a lift.? Look for them on my website.? There is probably 10 pounds of mud in my driveway...

great job...  Wish I could have been there with you all

Around here they go the self wash and just leave all that mud piled in the car wash! :8: One day there was a guy shoveling his mess up and putting it in a can to throw away. I felt like giving him a hug! Instead I just thanked him. ;D

Back