• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanches Cruise Niagara 2006

avscruiseniagara

Avalanches Cruise Niagara committee is planning to move our event. We will let everyone know what our plans are at a later date. We are looking at a date in July or August. Nothing is confirmed, everything is still in the planning stage.

Avalanches Cruise Niagara Committee.

Thanks for the update also! Don't forget about me, and my thread!!!! PLEASE!

Here it is:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,48535.0.html

I would really like to help in any way that I can! I would like to get a confirmed response from the commitee soon, if possable. A PM would be helpful....thanks!
-Ty

Cool cant wait if ya need any help hollar !

avscruiseniagara said:

Avalanches Cruise Niagara committee is planning to move our event. We will let everyone know what our plans are at a later date. We are looking at a date in July or August. Nothing is confirmed, everything is still in the planning stage.

Avalanches Cruise Niagara Committee.

Thanks for posting and clearing the air for everyone. We appreciate your assistance in planning the 2006 NCAGTG. If our committee can help yours, please let me know.

Todd

tfwakeboarder14 said:
Thanks for the update also! Don't forget about me, and my head!!!! PLEASE!

-Ty

Yak...? ? I think you have your first customer...? ?>:D

TF wants you to chop his head off....? ?

:kidding:

The wonders of digital editing

I wouldn't make it too late in August for those of us with kids .... school started for some on the 8/22 .... most others on 8/29 ....

Intimidatoruag said:
I wouldn't make it too late in August for those of us with kids .... school started for some on the 8/22 .... most others on 8/29 ....
School started earlier than that here in the Memphis area....Hey just curious is this going to be a National Event also?

It was in the past 2 years.....not sure about now. PM SS, he might have some info. about it....not sure though. And last year I got out of school early to go to this event, so it would be nice if it was after June 23st of '06!  :)

-Ty

Intimidatoruag said:

Thanks for the heads-up, we will take that into consideration.
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

TNAV said:
Hey just curious is this going to be a National Event also?

Not that I'm aware of, just a regional sort of event, just like it was in the past.

tfwakeboarder14 said:
It was in the past 2 years.....not sure about now.

It was never a "National" event, meaning that it is officially sanctioned and sponsored by CAFCNA and targeted at the entire membership. It was, however, an international event, meaning that it was jointly produced by US and Canadian chapters, for the benefit of US and Canadian members.

And last year I got out of school early to go to this event, so it would be nice if it was after June 23st of '06!? :)

Yep, we are well aware of that issue. My own kid has been unable to attend either year so far, because he was still in school and either taking SAT tests, or studying for finals. :6:

We ran into scheduling constraints, however, based on the location. Being a tourist area, the season starts in June, and if we held it any later not only would the hotel costs skyrocket, but they do not accept group reservations. The only way we could hold a group event there was to do it in the off season.

We are looking at alternate locations and dates for 2006.

-- SS

Unfortunately, Kimmey and I won't make the NIagara III  run......  next summer, I'll have to invest my vacation monies into house renovations (my dad is coming in to help me!)  :cautious:

The Flint Journal story link & excerp

Niagara Falls adventure goes to extremes
Sunday, September 18, 2005

"The best bet for your budget is to package your attractions. The Great Gorge Adventure Pass is a great option. It provides all-day transportation on the People Mover (a good deal because parking near the falls is expensive.) And it includes several vantage points for falls viewing --the Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, a white water walk by the rapids and the popular Butterfly Conservatory -- all for $34.95 (Canadian) for adults and $21.95 (Canadian) for children 6-12. (www.niagaraparks.com)."

"Travelodge, Clifton Hill is a good bargain choice, still in the center of the action. For $57 (U.S.) and up, you get free parking, and some rooms even come with a heart-shaped Jacuzzi. (www.falls.com)"

"Crossing the border: Everyone in the car, including minors, may be required to offer proof of citizenship, including a passport or birth certificate. A passport will be required for all border crossings into Canada starting Jan. 1, 2008."

Yakmar said:
Unfortunately, Kimmey and I won't make the NIagara III? run......? next summer, I'll have to invest my vacation monies into house renovations (my dad is coming in to help me!)? ?:cautious:

:banhim: niagara without yak would be like.. uhm.. hmm.. :dunno: it's beyond comprehension!!! i vote we move the gtg to yak's house..  >:D

enkeiavalanche said:
We too will not be there this year.. Getting married in May... :love:

Well, sure, 'cause no one goes to Niagara Falls on their honeymoon.  ;)

bikerchic1977 said:
:banhim: niagara without yak would be like.. uhm.. hmm.. :dunno: it's beyond comprehension!!! i vote we move the gtg to yak's house..? >:D

:love:  thanks bikerchic..... that comment meant a lot to me!!  :love:

Yakmar said:
Unfortunately, Kimmey and I won't make the NIagara III  run......  next summer, I'll have to invest my vacation monies into house renovations (my dad is coming in to help me!)  :cautious:

enkeiavalanche said:
We too will not be there this year.. Getting married in May... :love:

No Yak and his white legs, no Enkei and his white legs... KEEP THE SUNGLASSES AT HOME THIS TIME FOLKS!

:laugh:

Tdybr27 said:
No Yak and his white legs, no Enkei and his white legs... KEEP THE SUNGLASSES AT HOME THIS TIME FOLKS!

:laugh:

Don't put those sunglasses away just yet.

I got your BLINDING WHITE UNDERGLOW right here. >:D

Back