• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How Much Have You Spent On Mods?

How much have you spent on mods?

• nothing

Votes: 247 73.1%
  • $500

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • $1000

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • $2000

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • $3000

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • $5000

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • $7500

Votes: 32 9.5%

• Total voters

gandolphxx

Charter Member
Yet another poll, possibly for the good of the board, may be able to use to entice advertisers - takes a minute, no need to elaborate, just vote. Don't forget things like wheels, tires, etc.

Just pick the category, no one will know.

Thanks ;D

Less than $100 so far. but, I have a wish list a mile long, and as soon as other priorities are out of the way, the mods will flow.

How much are a set of running boards?
Do you need the mudflaps for them?
What is better IYO, boards are nerf bars?

Changed my DRLs to amber tonight, my mods so far total $4.27 :cool:

Darn! Guess which bucket I fell into :eek:
But I do get compliments everyday ;D

goo929 said:
Darn! ?Guess which bucket I fell into ? :eek:
But I do get compliments everyday ?;D

You won't be the only one and your compliments are well earned and deserved! >:D

goo929 said:
Darn! ?Guess which bucket I fell into ? :eek:
But I do get compliments everyday ?;D
What kind of wheel/tires do you have Goo? I'm looking for a good set of 5 to replace the factory 16" tires I've got. Good riddance to the Firestone spare!

dssnuffy said:
What kind of wheel/tires do you have Goo? ?I'm looking for a good set of 5 to replace the factory 16" tires I've got. ?Good riddance to the Firestone spare!

You can check out my new "Rhine" 20x8.5 wheels by Epic Precision Alloys and P285/50R20 Goodyear Eagle GTII tires at ...

Rare daytime Goo AV photo ...

sheesh, thanks alot for forcing me to do a little mental tally! ?:9:

A few big ticket items (wheels, tires, brush guard)
A few mid-level items (HPP3, Intake mod, new gauges, audio controls, high end Driving Lights, etc etc)
A whole bunch of < $100 mods, which actually eclipse a big ticket item when you add them up . . .

and voila! checking a box in the middle of the list !

and this is without the big-ticket stuff I dream about, like a supercharger, etc.

Well let's see....

K&N FIPK
Platinum Gauge Face
Flowmaster
Magnaflow Tip

I would say right now I'm hanging over the $500 amount...but all well worth it.... :B:

My frustration is not $$ at the moment but time to do the mods!

The Av can become a high maintenance mistress - but I can sure think of worse things to do with time and money ;D

$465.94, not counting the items included in the sticker price.

Still trying to catch some of you guys.

OUCH!! If my wife sees this, she'll kill me.....Gotta go hide under the tonneau. :3: :3:

A little over $3,500.

Snugtop canopy, Bedslide, cool custom wheels and bug slammer. My 2500 LT was fully-loaded to start with, so I just had to add a few critical things to make the AV exactly right for our useage.

Like wifey says "It looks like a big red War Wagon." ;D

About the only additional accessory we need is a high-grade trailer brake controller.

Steve

Hi. My name is "Goo" and I am a MODaholic. I MOD-ed again today. At first it just started with simple MODs like amber DRLs but then it became more serious like installing neons inside and out and hiding them from my friends and family. Then started the sound system upgrade. And then I really hit rock bottom when I bought my first issue of Truckin magazine. I have been unstoppable since then. Big wheels, billet grille, billet fuel cap, trenz bowtie, varad scanner, security system and stuff I am embarrassed to list. I should break into the final category next week :rolleyes:

goo929

Welcome Goo ....

The first step to recovery is Acknowledgement that you have a problem. Now that you have accepted that you in fact do have a problem with Modding you can now begin the slow process of Rehabilitation.

If you would like to skip the slow process of rehabilitation, you may participate in the XRover 24 hr clean and broke program.

You have 24 hours to send me just 1 month of your modding budget. In Cash of course.

If you feel the urge to Mod again, I will still be here for you... with a stamp and a self addressed envelope.

Are you ready begin rehab Goo ?

Didn't think soo :B: :B: :B:

I'm a new member and just wanted to pipe in my $.02 worth. I'v read several of the threads and found some valuable info that helped me tune my HPP3, stopped the flapping sound after installing my GM bug deflector, and I even made the mod to the rear seat head rests to make them removable for easier conversions.
Thanks for all the good tips and info.

So far I'v spent about $500.

XROVER,

What makes you think Goo wants to recover? >:D

I thought he was bragging. I also assume he is single. :)

Fred

BEFORE and AFTER: Before I stumbled upon this great website, $0. After I stumbled and discovered all the great ideas, about $1500 with a wish list totalling at least $3000 more. I never realized my AV was "lacking" until you all brought it to my attention. I have got to stop coming to this site. This site is not totally "free." Seriously though, if GM were observant they could do a tremendous amount of market research right here. Offer the customer what they want and profits will increase even more. It is obvious we have no problem spending more modifying a brand new vehicle to make it the way we think it should have been offered from the factory.

Can I count the stinky air freshner I bought to cover up the exhaust fumes (human in origin) :D:

Hummmm....., Im at the point wear I Dont even want to add it All Up.., not going to either...., lol.... and Im not done Yet..., guess I will be in about 8 Years.., thats when I finely stopped Playing with My Blazer.., and left it alone.... ;D

Butch said:
Hummmm....., Im at the point wear I Dont even want to add it All Up.., not going to either...., lol.... and Im not done Yet..., guess I will be in about 8 Years.., thats when I finely stopped Playing with My Blazer.., and left it alone.... ;D

We will open up a category for you if you wish >:D

ha,ha..., gandolphxx..., You, and I will be near the Top of the list..., but Hey.., as long as where all Enjoying ourselfs., thats what counts.., no matter how little, or how much someone does to there Vehicle.., its a great personal thing.., and something All can take Pride in doing.. God Bless the USA.... :B:

All new speakers, bug deflector, vent visors and mud guards....I am thinking GM brush guard now.

It just makes the Av .. that much more fun to drive around......even when the wife asks you to go and run some ridiculous errons...I'm always more than happy to go.... :B:

Back