• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

North Face Bags

zilla

Quick question for my Av brothers out there:

What would you think is the easist way to purchase the Water Duffalo Bags and the Summit Pod Daypacks that come with the North Face Edition Avalanche?

We do quite a bit of overnite traveling and I think these would look great even if I don't own a North Face Edition.

Thanks in advance!

I have seen a few of these sold on ebay, but they can get pricey. $75 plus per pack and over $100 per Bag as I recall.

I haven't seen a particular accessory number for these bags, but I will try to find out for you since the dealer had to order a pair for me because mine were missing (probably in some sales managers summer home right now ).

Would there be a way for you to attach them to your seat without the special interior?

Here is what appears to be a part number off of the North Face hang tag found on my summit day pods;

011129-001-0000,
SMU Chevy Summit Pod, Black, one size

The number for the bags are;

011128-001-0000,
SMU Chevy Water Duffalo, Black, one size

The letter to the dealer stated I found concerning these items stated that the box containg the bags/packs are actually matched to the vehicle and are shipped to the dealer in advance of the arrival of the vehicle. I believe that your idea where your bags and packs ended up is correct. I would tell your dealer that you want those items fom another NFE in stock and they can order the replacements for their vehicle, rather than yours.

I got two North Face bags that say "Chevy Trucks" on it.

Manny

17659985.jpg

avking said:
How do the North Face bags mount to the seats? Would it work on a non-NF Edition AV?

They "clip-on" with four nylon fastex fasteners. I will get some photos posted asap.

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the NFE seats or seat covers. It seems I've been around the world, and still no luck.

Sicilianos Avy said:
GMAN you never got one?

I dun tried my hardest but was unable to secure one of these! :6:

I even tried to buy one from the 2 girls that won about 5 of these bags, NO DICE :(

Then got the order to "Pull back" from our positions, so I left without one.

GMAN

Attached is a photo of how the NFE "day pods" attach to the seat. There are 2 more clips on the bottom of the packs. The clips are attached to the seats via sewn in nylon webbing.

Attachments

• NFEpod.jpg
    NFEpod.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 349
GMAN62465 said:
I dun tried my hardest but was unable to secure one of these! :6:

I even tried to buy one from the 2 girls that won about 5 of these bags, NO DICE :(

Then got the order to "Pull back" from our positions, so I left without one.

GMAN

Well one of them is mine and the other one is for my wife. But.................because you are belong to our chapter, at the next GTG, it's yours bro.

Manny

Steelheadchaser said:
Attached is a photo of how the NFE "day pods" attach to the seat. There are 2 more clips on the bottom of the packs. The clips are attached to the seats via sewn in nylon webbing. ?

Thanks alot for posting the PICS. I guess I am not going to bother looking for any bags, since they look they only work on the NF Edition AV. O Well.

I guess I can save some $$$ this way. No wait a minute. I can just spend on more mods.

Hi Everyone!
Recently purchased a used North face Avalanche and you KNOW none of the bags were in the truck!
I tried those part numbers on GMpartsdirect.com and many variations of those part numbers and nothing came up.
I just want to purchase the bags that go with the truck SOOOO bad! Can someone please please help me?
Thanks a ton!

Kymba, You should just talk to the dealer, if those bags were not in the truck, then that is a fault on the dealer and they have to replace them. (y)

-James R. :cool:

I think you missed the key word - "used"

No dealer responsibility there, nor does he even mention it being a dealer purchase.

Hi,

the following is a copy of a response to someone looking for the bag in the"Parts for sale" section

Sorry for the delay.

Those are not the right ones. you are looking for

Here are your part numbers you requested.

15093829 duffle bag
15093828 back pack

I do not have a price yet but thing the pack is about 60 clams

Let me know if you do confirm prices.

www.gmpartsdirect.com is out of them and have backordered. :D

The box that mine came in had on it Kit #15093827. None of the part numbers come up on GM Partsdirect, suggest trying either of the two site sponsors depending where your at. Dal at VanDevere's always been helpful for me ;)

sorry all,

I think all these part numbers are no good. I called a local dealer and was told all 3 of these numbers are no good. There must be a number...the quest continues

Howdy All!

I picked up my new '03 NFE on the 7th of this month...less the bags. :E: (I agree...I'm betting there is a salesman or parts guy enjoying those somewhere.)

Supposedly the dealership is working on getting me a full set but they haven't been real forthcoming on keeping me informed about the situation.

Anywho...I sicced :B: on the dealership so I should start getting answers fairly soon. As soon as I have any hard info on getting the bags, I'll post it here.

SDT >:D

It's the dealers responsibility to provide the daypacks and dufflebags with the truck at purchase. Gm ships the packs seperately to the dealership specifically for each north face truck. Call the salesman and demand the box with the bags! Someone at the dealership has them!

The Duffalo bags are actually made for North Face here in Asheville, NC. They are printed with the North Face logo and Avalanche logo. They are very nice bags, Even the zipper is waterproof. My brother worked in the screen print shop that did the printing for Chevy/North Face. I picked up a factory second bag (minor imperfection) with the logo for about $50. I got the backpack on ebay for $30 with shipping (arrives this week). I will call tomorrow to see if they have any more bags but I doubt it. They quit priinting them last year. I guess the could print more though just without the North Face logo.

Back