• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Southern Nights GTG Hotel Information

trAVelingman

Silent Avalanche RIP
HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN SET FOR THE Super Chevy Show Southern Nights Avalanche Meet!
? ? ?

The dates are set:? May 18-21, 2006

The lodging for the Super Chevy Show Southern Nights Avalanche Meet will be provided by Hampton Inn of Huntsville, 4815 University Drive, Huntsville, Alabama? 35816!​
3176HSVUVHX_Hampton_Inn_Huntsville_gallery_accom_standardking_large.jpg

Hampton Inn of Huntsville

We have a block of 80 rooms in the name of "The Avalanche Club".? The block is made up of? smoking rooms, non-smoking rooms, King rooms, King rooms with sofa, double queen rooms, and there is 1 double queen room with jacuzzi.

The Hampton Inn is very centrally located to all of our activities.? There are a number of restaurants within a few blocks, including several within walking distance (HOOTERS!!).? There is a carwash just down the street.? ? The hotel has also been recently renovated and the rooms are very nice.? They offer a deluxe continental breakfast, including a few hot items.? Free wired high-speed internet access is offered in the rooms with wireless access in the lobby.? See the hotel's website? for a listing of all amenities.? Click Hampton Inn Huntsville for more details about the hotel.

ROOM PRICES:? YOU MUST MENTION "THE AVALANCHE CLUB" TO GET THESE RATES
All rooms are $69 per night.

***THE DEADLINE TO BOOK ROOMS IS 04/17/06***

Reservation Phone # (256) 830-9400 (mention "The Avalanche Club").

If you have any questions about the rooms, please ask the attendant at that time.
If you have any problems, which I don't think that you will, ask to speak with Doris Hardin, Clara Hereford or Melody Malone.

We have not blocked any rooms for dates prior to the GTG, however, if you wish to reserve a room for prior to the block, you will still get "The Avalanche Club" rate.

You may start booking your reservations immediately!? Let's get this place filled up well before 04/17/06 and make me look for another hotel to put up more attendees!

trAVelingman said:
The details are worked out and the contract will be signed tomorrow. The news everyone has been waiting for will be posted here tomorrow night! Stay tuned.
Cool

I called and booked 19-21. Only king and a sleeper sofa available. Plan to bring bro-in-law and still no luck getting my wife to attend.

There are 15 of the 80 rooms available reserved.  Don't let your King or King with Sofa bed slip away.  BOOK NOW!!!

trAVelingman said:
There are 15 of the 80 rooms available reserved.? Don't let your King or King with Sofa bed slip away.? BOOK NOW!!!

I got a King with Sofa bed, if I can talk the wife into coming along her bro can still use the sofa bed. Likely it's just me and bro, if that's the case I could pop up the airbed for someone that can't get a room or just pops in for a night. I have an AV-tent too but hotel probably would frown on that in the lot.

? ?there are still a bunch of rooms left.? come on people.? lets make this one a big gathering.? we won't make the numbers the Falls meet had, but lets try our best to come as close to it as possible.

PUNISHER said:
? ?htere are still a bunch of rooms left.? come on people.? lets make this one a big gathering.? we won't make the numbers the Falls meet had, but lets try our best to come as close to it as possible.

I am not trying to compare the attendance to Niagra.  I am kinda comparing to Bluegrass Nationals in Bowling Green last year where we had 93 Avalanches in attendance.  I hope to get close to THAT number.  There are actually 7 AV's that have PM'd me as STRONG MAYBES that I haven't included on the list yet......

I plan on making the intinerary announcement very, very soon.  I think that everyone will be pleased.

trAVelingman said:
I am not trying to compare the attendance to Niagara.? I am kinda comparing to Bluegrass Nationals in Bowling Green last year where we had 93 Avalanches in attendance.? I hope to get close to THAT number.? There are actually 7 AV's that have PM'd me as STRONG MAYBES that I haven't included on the list yet......

I plan on making the intinerary announcement very, very soon.? I think that everyone will be pleased.

i was just using that as an example, but that would cool.  any number would be great.  but, the more the merrier.

Just confirmed my reservation.

-James.

Goodguys wife was looking on the hotel website and found that there is a $11 fee per night to park in the hotel parking lot.  Does anyone know if this will apply to us, or if it's included in our room rate?

julieb

Back