• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Oklahoma Roll Call

SamHouseIII

SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
Let get this started and see how many members are from the Oklahoma area.

Please provide screen name and where you are from and what Mods you want to tackle or see done on this forum.

We need to get this area jump started again.

SamHouseIII? Lawton, Ok? STS turbo/Power tuner (maybe when I get back fron Iraq)
Big Bob? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? OKC
Phoenix? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?Claremore
BensonRacing? ? ?? ? ? ?OKC
WestTulsaRedneck? ? ?Tulsa
OKcruising? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? OKC
Beast? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?OKC
Beanz                        Tulsa

Hoss from Claremore area.
got an 04 z71. victory red..flowmaster 2 into one. added a light in the ice chest to see tools, did the sail panel light mod, did the amber drls, maglite, tried the fulltime drls and all4 on high but had a problem that im tryin to work out now...thats it for now..
???????????????????????????????.

Barry Benson
NW OKC
Few Mods in Sig.

Future plans probably an LS6 cam, headers, 4.10s to compensate for the added height of tires, 14" rotors by SSBC, and big, big stereo.

May just swap to a complete LS6 for an extra 100 horse, extra 20 something cubic inches, and aluminum block weight reduction.

BensonRacing,

Just wondering about the engine in your AVA, I did a build up on my 84 GMC 383ci with alum. heads and matching litfers, cam and Holley stealth ram fuel injection.  390HP and 454ftlbs tq at the real wheels.

Do you have to go through emissions? Interested in your project.  (y)

You ever come down to Lawton for the Midget races? My be a future GTG at the track up there in OKC.  :cool:

Sam

Sam!

Congrads on the CC!?
(y) :woot:

Best of luck in the OK area getting it going.

Congradulations Sam and good luck.

SamHouseIII said:
BensonRacing,

Just wondering about the engine in your AVA, I did a build up on my 84 GMC 383ci with alum. heads and matching litfers, cam and Holley stealth ram fuel injection.? 390HP and 454ftlbs tq at the real wheels.

Do you have to go through emissions? Interested in your project.? (y)

You ever come down to Lawton for the Midget races? My be a future GTG at the track up there in OKC.? ?:cool:

Sam

Well, the motor is stock right now. But, I work at a speed shop that specializes in GM Gen III motors. Building and tuning. So, parts are plentiful. If I can, I'll pieced together an LS6 motor. I would like the most c.i. I can get. But, I would prefer to do it with an aluminum block. So, 6.0L is out. Unless, I get crazy and buy a 402 LS2 block. There is a kit that will make these fit in LSx type cars. So, anything with a 4.8,5.3,5.7,6.0 Gen III SBC. Which just happens to be our AVs! 402 would rock with a fat low end torque cam. I'm not trying to run 10s in this thing, just giving it the power GM should have. Plus, the shop has a dyno and 1 of the guys who owns the place is one of Oklahomas best tuners. So, it would run nice until you hammer the skinny pedal, then it should pull a building off it's foundation. But, for right now I may just put an LS6 cam in. One of our friends has a Z71 Silverado and he's putting one in pretty soon. Depending on the power he picks up, I may do that to keep me pleased for a bit longer. But, this thing really needs brakes before anything. SSBC makes a kit that will put 14" rotors on an AV and it relocates the stock calipers. Which could be upgraded later. The rotors and relo brackets alone are like $900, but would look good behind my wheels.

We don't have inspecitions in Oklahoma anymore and when we did, they hardly check to see if you had cats. Most guys would keep their stock exhaust and just switch it out to get inspected. Unless, your just being an idiot most cops won't pull you over for exhaust alone. But, the untrained person wouldn't be able to tell the truck would have anything done to it since all LSx stuff is physically identical. The idle would tip them off, but this isn't California so that's probably as far as that would go.

I've never been down to Lawton for any races, just work. Mostly go to the drag strip up here. When the outlaws come to town we try to make to the fairgrounds and watch them. I'm down to go whenever though. Let's do it!
BB

I'm always ready for a GTG.  Hard to get people together in Tulsa.  Put something together and I'll be there.

I'm from Edmond. Down at SMU for college.

Benson's place where he works, is without a doubt, freakin sick.  Awesome guru's.

Got a 2500, dual flow 40's (one in, one out  each), non h-piped. 5% tint all around. Eventually doing spacers, 285/75/16's, and either interior, or a raylar kit and tranny upgrade.

Hey, I'm from OKC. Maybe the computer mod. It sounds very interesting!

Phoenix said:
Hoss from Claremore area.
got an 04 z71. victory red..flowmaster 2 into one. added a light in the ice chest to see tools, did the sail panel light mod, did the amber drls, maglite, tried the fulltime drls and all4 on high but had a problem that im tryin to work out now...thats it for now..
???????????????????????????????.

I will look into it, I got your PM and wondering if you tried the old way, I think that the 03 and the 04 are the same for wiring. I will check for you, I know we can get it done, Just give me a few days.

Sam

Phoenix,

This is the the proceedure I used same for the 03 and 04. I have had no problems with mine.

The Better Method DRL/NRL mod:

1.  Connect the Cathode side (white stripe) of the diode to pin #F11 White wire on the C1 white (light grey) block with a red tap-in connector.
2. Connect the other end of the diode to pin #E3 Lt Green w/ Black stripe on the same block with another tap-in connector.

:0:If you would like to do the "All 4 Headlights on High" mod, you might do it now since you already have the parts and you are in the same wiring location  Follow this
2003 Diode for All4onHigh post for instructions.

Here is the link too.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=5740;start=msg79867#msg79867

Attachments

• WTA_NRL03diode.jpg
    WTA_NRL03diode.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 376
Come on now, Where you all at.

We need to have a good list so we can start planning for the next Oklahoma GTG.

Sam

What do ya'll do on GTG? I'd like to see ton of Av's rolling down the road like a bunch of Harleys. I sure people would notice. Might even get a few more members :B:

SamHouseIII said:
Phoenix,

This is the the proceedure I used same for the 03 and 04. I have had no problems with mine.

The Better Method DRL/NRL mod:

1.? Connect the Cathode side (white stripe) of the diode to pin #F11 White wire on the C1 white (light grey) block with a red tap-in connector.
2. Connect the other end of the diode to pin #E3 Lt Green w/ Black stripe on the same block with another tap-in connector.

? :0:If you would like to do the "All 4 Headlights on High" mod, you might do it now since you already have the parts and you are in the same wiring location? ?Follow this
2003 Diode for All4onHigh post for instructions.

Here is the link too.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=5740;start=msg79867#msg79867

SamH111

thats the method i used and it freeked out my EATC. I did it twice with the same results??????? Dude what the F did i do..or what..It shouldnt be that hard..

Beast said:
What do ya'll do on GTG? I'd like to see ton of Av's rolling down the road like a bunch of Harleys. I sure people would notice. Might even get a few more members :B:

We get together for good times, To meet other AVA owners, Food, Sites and best of all MODDING. Once the weather breaks there in OK I am going to set something up for you guys. Thats why I started this thread to get a good roll call and see who is interested in a GTG.

Sam

I was stationed in Lawton for about 4 years, We own a home there and we are coming back there after Iraq, Will be around the mid 07 time frame.

I am the CC for the OK chapter of the club and will are going to have some killer GTGs, If you looked at what we did in the outside americas thread and the fun we have there, Then you know we are really going to have some fun there in OK.

I am in the process of contacting any members that had post here before from the OK section and I am going to plan a GTG for those members back there. You guys will have a great time. Like they say You got start some where, I know there has been attemps for GTG and there have been a few. Just seems like interest was lost. This is why we need to campain and tag some AVAs from around there. I know there are alot out in OK, I saw a bunch of them.

I see you are a outdoors men too, I love it, Hunt, Fish you name it. I do it.

Sam

SamHouseIII said:
I was stationed in Lawton for about 4 years, We own a home there and we are coming back there after Iraq, Will be around the mid 07 time frame.

I am the CC for the OK chapter of the club and will are going to have some killer GTGs, If you looked at what we did in the outside americas thread and the fun we have there, Then you know we are really going to have some fun there in OK.

I am in the process of contacting any members that had post here before from the OK section and I am going to plan a GTG for those members back there. You guys will have a great time. Like they say You got start some where, I know there has been attemps for GTG and there have been a few. Just seems like interest was lost. This is why we need to campain and tag some AVAs from around there. I know there are alot out in OK, I saw a bunch of them.

I see you are a outdoors men too, I love it, Hunt, Fish you name it. I do it.

Sam
Hey Sam,let me know the date ahead time so I can book me a flight over to OK  o.k.
chevyfan

Chevy Fan,

I sure will and you better stay at the house. Green Grease for all  :cheers:

Sam

SamHouseIII said:
Let get this started and see how many members are from the Oklahoma area.

Please provide screen name and where you are from and what Mods you want to tackle or see done on this forum.

We need to get this area jump started again.

SamHouseIII? Lawton, Ok? STS turbo/Power tuner (maybe when I get back fron Iraq)
Big Bob? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? OKC
Phoenix? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?Claremore
BensonRacing? ? ?? ? ? ?OKC
WestTulsaRedneck? ? ?Tulsa
OKcruising? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? OKC
Beast? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?OKC

Just wanted to throw out that the national GTG is being held soon. Here is the tread to it. If any are planning to attend just like to know.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,234.0.html

Sam

BEANZ  :welcome: glad your here, You gonna do a GTG with the other members.

Sam

Back