• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What was your very first mod, upgrade etc.

TXZ06Guy

I am new to this board and was wondering what are generally the first mods done to your Trucks? Mine is 2wd and not really into the 20/22 inch wheels.

intake/Exhaust? which ones are there to choose from, I had a corsa system on one of my older vettes and loved it, do they make a system for the AV?

I am not new to the Mod-Fever as I also have a Z06 Corvette :B:

Well the club signature is amber DRLs (Day Running Lights).? Also the Maglight mod is quick, easy, and usefull.? Modding is all about what you want and like.

Oh yeah,  :welcome:

:welcome: TXZ06Guy

My first one was the K&N FIPK II.  Not a bad first mod.  The air intake is the first thing I do on all my vehicles. 

Let's see....
First mod.....
I did so much all at once.

Amber DRLs is a good start, inexpensive mod.
Brushed aluminum gas door, moderately expensive.
Escalade cluster, moderately expensive.
K&N FIPK intake, moderately expensive.
Gibson Catback Exhaust, a little bit more expensive.

and the list goes on and on and on......

Vetman

:welcome: Ambers were 1st, yanked the grille and painted mesh Black 2nd, and 3rd was painting the Bowtie. All are cheap.

As you can see Ambers go in first.. Then are you looking for more power or Looks?  Try a nice grille...Or an intake...

Gotta go amber DRLs first for sure (gotta be able to have others recognize that you are a member).  Then I went tint, custom bowtie and grill.  These are all simple, cheap, and give the AV a whole new look that makes you want to drive it and show it off even more!

GOOD LUCK!!  :B:

goom49 said:
Well the club signature is amber DRLs (Day Running Lights).? Also the Maglight mod is quick, easy, and usefull.? Modding is all about what you want and like.

Oh yeah,? :welcome:

I have been with the club for a number of years.  My first MOD was my pinstriping and bug deflector.  After joining the club, AMBERS were installed.  It has been down hill since then...Happy Modding  :welcome:

Texascwgrl

With all the MODs we have done over the years, What was your fisrt MOD?

Mine was the Westin Bull bar!

Seeing Mods from other AVAs cause you to Mod More?

Sam

Attachments

• bullbar.jpg
    bullbar.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 919
1st    Ambers

2nd    splash guards (now replaced w/wheel flares)

3rd    slimlighter emerg. lighting

Ambers followed very soon after by the exhaust!

Butch

vent visors first unless you count the sorta Mod I did at the dealership, I ordered mine "no dealer decal".

I had a paper temporary registration, they were gonna tape it in the back window. I had the salesman use 2" plastic tape to seal it on an Al Serra Chevy plate so I could take the window out.

I guess mine was Amber then eather the Lund bug shield or the Waag Bars..

Attachments

• SBN 2 055 (Custom).jpg
    SBN 2 055 (Custom).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 882
memory is fading fast...but I think it was..

gm bug deflector & mudflaps (single accessory kit)

I can't remember my 1st Mod  :E: Maybe it was the Billet Fuel Door.

I think it was the 2 piece grille inserts. Second time around was the bumper cover and the 3 piece inserts.

Attachments

• SpeedGrille2.jpg
    SpeedGrille2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 865
Back