• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Southern Nights Registration Information

trAVelingman

Silent Avalanche RIP
gallery_1_26_31526.jpg

The announcement that you have all been waiting for.? The Middle Tennessee Avalanche Club and the Western Kentucky Avalanche Club is proud to be hosting the Super Chevy Show Southern Nights Avalanche Meet in Huntsville, Alabama from Thursday, May 18, 2006 through Sunday, May 21, 2006.? The Coordinator for the event is John ?trAVelingman? Croft and Co-Coordinator is Murray ?Murman? Schultz.? A special acknowledgement goes out to Scott ?EarthQuake? Gattis for his helpful advice and recommendations.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Modding in the Parking Lot
U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Jack Daniels Distillery Tour
Southern Comfort Conversions Tour
Various other local attractions available .
Possible trip to Ft. Payne, AL, home of Country Music?s Own Band ?Alabama?.

Separate topics will be started for each tour listed for those interested in participating in the tours.

Friday, May 19, 2006

RACING AT THE SUPER CHEVY SHOW

Huntsville Dragway will be hosting the Super Chevy Show for the entire weekend.? We have been offered the track exclusively for our own use from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.? During this period, we will be qualifying 2 classes of Avalanches, small block and big block.? Then, from 12:00 to 5:00, all classes of vehicles entered into the weekend?s racing events will be running Test and Tune events.? We will only race Avalanche to Avalanche. We will run our heats during the other class cool down periods, and the other classes will? run during the cool down periods for the Avalanches.? This will allow everyone attending not only the chance to see the Avalanches on the track, but many other types of cars and trucks racing as well.? It should be a great time.

The cost for truck and driver to race on Friday is $25. Only one driver per truck will be allowed and only one truck per driver.? ?

General Admission:
Friday- $10
Saturday- $22
Sunday- $22
All Event- $32 (all three days or Sat/Sun)
Jr. one-day- $10 Jr. All Events $15
Children 10 and under are free with an adult.

Saturday, May 20, 2006
gallery_1_26_9982.jpg

SUPER CHEVY SHOW

Huntsville Dragway will be the location for the Super Chevy Show.? Come out and see every kind of Chevrolet vehicle imaginable.? From pure stock street cars, to highly modified and tricked out trucks.? ?We can enter the Avalanches into the show for $45 or, if we have a minimum of 10 Avalanches, we can get a reduced fee of $40.? We must have the fee paid 2 weeks in advance of the show to be able to take advantage of the $40 entrance fee.? I will start a separate topic to track interest in entering the Avalanches in the show.? General admission prices are indicated above.

After the Super Chevy Show, we will be having a Group Dinner on Saturday night.? We are still working out the fine details of the group dinner and will post all of the information very soon.? Immediately following the Group Dinner, we will have a raffle, of which a separate topic will be started.? We will finish the evening up with a Glow and Strobe Contest in the hotel parking lot.?

Super Chevy Show Southern Nights Avalanche Meet Registration Fees are $15 per Avalanche (NOT per person).? Included in the registration fee is your nametag for the event with an Avalanche lanyard, a truck Windshield tag, a Southern Nights Avalanche Meet decal, a Welcome Bag with various donated products and printed materials, and 2 raffle tickets per registration.? There will be 2 tiers of raffle items and each registrant will receive 1 raffle ticket per tier.? Registration fees should be received NO LATER than April 18, 2006 in order to give us ample time to have the nametags and lanyards ordered and delivered and to have the truck tags printed up.? Registration fees received AFTER April 18, 2006 will not guarantee that the pre-printed nametags will be available.?

There will be T-Shirts, Sweatshirts and decals available for the meet and separate topics will be started for placing orders.

We will accept Paypal for your registration fees.? PLEASE PLEASE include your screenname in the Notes section of the Paypal so that we know who is sending payment.? Paypal to:

jfcroft@charter.net

For those not having access to Paypal, send me a PM and we will make payment arrangements.

Again, registration fees MUST be received no later than April 18, 2006 to insure having your materials available.

See you in Huntsville!!

1? trAVelingman/trAVelingman's widow (Paid)
2? Russpang (Paid)
3? Diamond Pete (Paid)
4? Bitdriver/mustangdeb (Paid)
5? KY_BOB? (Paid)
6? 420Greg? (Paid)
7? Miss Avalanche? (Paid)
8? Redleg? (Paid)
9? raceman? (Paid)
10 SciFiGuy01? (Paid)
11 EarthQuake/Aftershock? (Paid)
12 avz66/Mrs.avz66? (Paid)
13 Vetman? (Paid)
14 Jstbad? (Paid)
15 mhough (Paid)
16 Hoss/Mama Jo? (Paid)
17 Loggie? (Paid)
18 OviedoAV? (Paid)
19 james21? (Paid)
20 BajAv? (Paid)
21 Lord Aries? (Paid
22 Flint4x4? (Paid)
23 Quietman? (Paid)
24 JohnBChef? (Paid)
25 Texascwgrl? (Paid)
26 Hop45? (Paid)
27 Sasquatch? (Paid)
28 grnxnam? (Paid)
29 yndio? (Paid)
30 tdybr27? (Paid)
31 julieb? (Paid)
32 Sunuva? (Paid)
33 Goodguy? (Paid)
34 Dazed Dave? (Paid)
35 jamestnav02? (Paid)
36 TnTrubble? (Paid)
37 cdwpowerhouse? (Paid)
38 mrs. cdwpowerhouse? (Paid)
39 CAgal? (Paid)
40 Quarter? (Paid)
41 TexAVFan? (Paid)
42 Murman? (Paid)
43 BlueDevil? (Paid)
44 bigdaddy1? (Paid)
45 Gandolphxx? (Paid)
46 The Mox? (Paid)
47 BooTheRedneck? (Paid)
48 goom49? (Paid)
49 musiks? (Paid)
50 Main One? (Paid)
51 Hug_R_Av? (Paid)
52 Lanman1
53 vertabatt
54 love 57 chrome
55 AF Guy
56 Fire Starter
57 Hangman

Is this a quarter mile track? I just want to make sure Jesse tunes those Avalanches correctly............ >:D

Butch

On Thursday are those all separate tours going at the same time? What if someone wanted to go to the JD distillery and the SoCo Tour, I was planning on that, JD's would be my preffered tour, I'm just wondering if you have any idea what the times might be yet.

-James.

james21 said:
On Thursday are those all separate tours going at the same time? What if someone wanted to go to the JD distillery and the SoCo Tour, I was planning on that, JD's would be my preffered tour, I'm just wondering if you have any idea what the times might be yet.

-James.

We are still working on the schedules.  Keep in mind though, that Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort are approximately 200 miles apart.  It may be possible to do one tour in the morning and one tour in the afternoon.  We are still working out the logistics.

PLEASE do not include payment for the $25 racing or Super Chevy Show Admission in your registration payment. 

Admissions for all of the events will be collected AT the event.  A separate topic will be started for Super Chevy Show Car Show entry fee to see if more than 10 entries are interested.

ONLY 3 WEEKS left to register.  Registration fees must be paid by April 18, 2006 to insure having printed materials ready in time for the Meet.  Register today!!

Don't forget to send in your registration fee of $15 (per AV) to trAVelingman!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Now...everyone send a PM to Loggie telling him that he needs to make a special trip down to Huntsville.  He'll be in the states during that time and relatively close to the area.  Let's get Loggie to come join us.  (If you don't want to PM him, respond in THIS TOPIC.

Hey ya'll :wave:

So if I read all this info right (play catch-up) I do not have to pay a fee but only if I?m entering an AV so Where do I pay for Saturdays tickets to the show?

;D ;D ;D
I can?t stop smiling because for 4 years I?ve been on the site and only have had the chance to meet the folks from Europe.  This is going to be a cool day

Just tell me who to pay? ;) ;D ;D ;D

Any of your entry fees to the Super Chevy Show will be paid at the gate.

Please be sure to let trAVelingman know (via PM) if you'll be by yourself or have family with you (as soon as you know).  He'll need to know real names.

Maybe someone has an extra AV they'll loan you to drive over...just to keep the attendance numbers going in the right direction.  :wave:

EarthQuake said:
Any of your entry fees to the Super Chevy Show will be paid at the gate.

Please be sure to let trAVelingman know (via PM) if you'll be by yourself or have family with you (as soon as you know).? He'll need to know real names.

Maybe someone has an extra AV they'll loan you to drive over...just to keep the attendance numbers going in the right direction.? :wave:

Will do :wave:

Loggie,

Welcome home bro,

We'll all enjoy finally meeting and thank you for your service!!

Your first FROG is on me....after that, you're on your own in this crowd.

Back