• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Track Times in Huntsville

mikenmo23

Just got off the phone with KYBob...he got the trophy for the fastest small block with a run of 9.7 sec in the 1/8 mile at a speed of 72mph...now someone calculate that in 1/4 mile times for me....hehehe

I believe Lord Aries had the second fastest truck (according to him) but I didnt get his times/mph.

Seems like everyone is having a great track day and no one has broken anything yet :woot:

...and I'm stuck sitting here at the airport waiting to get out :E:  I can't wait to get there. 

As for converting the times into 1/4, you got me, but sounds fast :eek:

Congratulations KYBob!!!!!!!!!!!!

and L.A.

there are some pretty good pics on "another" site

Thanks guys.  I'll get the time slips out later and give the details but I think that the fastest run of the Day was Boo at 9.69,  my best was a 9.79 both at 72 mph. It dropped off about a tenth after the motor was hot.  They ran us through pretty quick and didn't give us much cool down time.  Aries had a higher top speed than us at 73 mph but his truck doesn't really like the 1/8 mile, it takes him a little while to get the turbo spooled up.

I don't really know anyone elses #'s.  Maybe they will post them.

So was it really worth the money to make it 1.25 seconds quicker than it was last year?  Yea :4,

There were a lot of pics made and one or 2 videos.  I'll try to post some when I get home Vertabat said that he would post the videos.  I hope there are some good shots of my burn outs >:D

Nice work!..... conventional wisdom says the you multiply 1/8mi times by 1.56 to estimate 1/4mi times.

Thanks for the updates...keep them comin'

BigBlackAv said:
Nice work!..... conventional wisdom says the you multiply 1/8mi times by 1.56 to estimate 1/4mi times.

Thanks for the updates...keep them coming

I've heard that # and it's probably true.  I really thought it would be under 15 seconds in the quarter but probably not.  Guess I had better get to tuning.  :rolleyes:

You guys are costing me a fortune!

Congrads to all of you..  Looks like you all had a blast..
I too wish I could have been there to see everything...

Well, I had to pipe in here, even though I didn't get, or want, the pleasure of racing either Boo or Bobby.

I averaged about 11.67 on the 1/8 mile track. Reaction times were where I was having a blast. My reaction times ran between .008 and .017. I even beat out a couple pros after we were done with our event, hehe.

Overall, a fun day at the track.

Congratulations Bob and Aries. Guys like you make me get an "all out" performance package. Keep it up!  :cool:

Z66 BUTCH said:
:nopics:

Where are all of the pictures? :cool:

Butch

My pics are so-so at best.  Here are a couple that Russ shot.

I was hoping that someone got some burn out pics but I haven't seen any yet.

Attachments

• SNGTG17.jpg
    SNGTG17.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 97
  • SNGTG16.jpg
    SNGTG16.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 94
OK, I have time slips in front of me now.  This was from the first race between me and Boo, which was both of our best et's.

me                          Boo
rt.                  .1768                      .4613
60 ft            2.2366                    2.2175
330 ft          6.3568                    6.2497
1/8th            9.7926                    9.5935
mph              71.56                      73.45

this is as good a place to ask as any...and I think i have asked this before, but got some conflicting info...

but is the reaction time included in the final time?  Meaning, for example, if KY_BOB had a reaction time of 0.0000 then he would have ran a 9.6158?  Which would give a better indication of what the truck was capable of.
Thanks!

BigBlackAv said:
this is as good a place to ask as any...and I think i have asked this before, but got some conflicting info...

but is the reaction time included in the final time?? Meaning, for example, if KY_BOB had a reaction time of 0.0000 then he would have ran a 9.6158?? Which would give a better indication of what the truck was capable of.
Thanks!

No, reaction time does not effect et.  Although I was .2 slower than Boo, I got the win light.

KY_BOB said:
No, reaction time does not effect et.? Although I was .2 slower than Boo, I got the win light.

btw, I'm not bragging.  Boo returned the favor to me later, when I cut a terrible light, and smoked my butt.  He was the quickest truck there.

I was really hoping for a little better times but as of now that's all the truck was capable of doing.

quarter said:
Sorry,
Was going say he did not bring the HOE

Yea, it's a bummer that I did not bring the "HOE", but my apprentice has a goal now.

Hopefully, by the meet this fall I will be in the mid 8's.? That's my goal anyway. :woohoo:

Boo.

Back