• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Screeching in Ceremony SNGTG

JohnBChef

SM 2004
    Last year a bunch of us went up for the Niagara GTG. I drove over 1,400 miles one way to get screeched in my out good Newfie friend YAKMAR. On the last evening of the GTG AJ Griglack and I stood on the Rear wheels of Yakmar's truck as he poured out shot after shot after shot of Screech for everyone and we all were screeched in together.
    At the end A.J. and I got the 2 empty Bottles. I saved my bottle waiting for a special occation. The Niagara GTG was cancelled so the Southern nights GTG became my Spring GTG for this year. I figured What better GTG to bring out my special bottle.
    A couple of weeks ago Abuelito sent me some Really premium Vanilla beans from his farm as he did last year. The thought came to my mind. Here we have 2 men from completely different sides of the continent. The odds of them ever comming together are like NONE! Both of them are infamous in their own right. Most people know them both. THen the Idea hit me to bring them together.
    What I did was buy 2 bottles of Captain Morgan Reserve. The first one I heated to 150 degrees over a double boiler. Then I added 10 of Abuelito's vanilla Beans. Cooled it poured it back into the original bottle and allowed it to steep for a week in contact with the beans and seeds.  On Tuesday I filtered out the vanilla rum through coffee filters and poured it into the cleanned and sterilized Screech bottle. Then I topped off the bottle with the second bottle of Captain Morgans Reserve.
    I brought that bottle a combination of generous contributions from 2 infamous men. I shared that bottle with everyone on the last night of the GTG.
    I think everyone commented that it was one of the smoothest and tastiest rums they had ever had. I thought it was a profound honor to be able to share it with Loggie, and Hangman. Both men interact with Yakmar a lot on the site but have never met him. I'm glad I was able to share it with them, and everyone else.
JohnBChef

Special Thanks Goes out to BajAV for the photography

Attachments

• Screech1.jpg
    Screech1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Screech2.jpg
    Screech2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 130
I'm not a big fan of vanilla  ;) 

In the same spirit I saved a Loony & a Toony (Canadian $1 & $2 coins) from NF GTG1 and gave them to Hangman, I told him Yakmar was buying this round.  :D

I cannot believe I missed this  :E:

John, I PMed you my address to send the kit.  I am looking forward to having you out.

TCG

man was that some good stuff.... :cheers:

Now if only I had a good reason to fly to Germany there is one truck out there I really want to Gatorback!
JB

I just can't believe it has taken me so long to find a reason to go to Texas. I am such a travel Whore. I'd fly anywhere. As long as I knew someone that loves me is going to be there when I land.
JB

My home is always open :wave:

JohnBChef said:
? ? ?Now if only I had a good reason to fly to Germany there is one truck out there I really want to Gatorback!
JB

Must be mine.  >:D

Sam

SamHouseIII said:
Must be mine.? >:D

Sam

Mine first ... Mine first!!!
John, I have decided and have my mind set on the 02 grey (just to let you know). 
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

TCG

Back