• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Gatorback in Canada?

I Talked to my dealer and it is available. Apparently your truck needs to be inspected by the regional service rep to be approoved. I have yet to hear back from my dealer to set up an appt. :rolleyes:

I spoke with my dealer, and GM turned it down (even though I have a history of faded cladding, they even armadilloed it once).  So if you hear of anyone in Canada getting it done by GM pls do post that.

Thanks

Firetruck said:
bryker;

What was the reason for GM turning you down??

GM turned it down due to my truck being out of warranty.

The regional rep did have another look at this week and offered to pay half.
Then again they also only want to pay half to have all my weatherstripping on the midgate and the cover replaced (they are all leaking).  I guess I will fight with GM this week.

I have been trying to get my Av Gatorbacked for more than 6 months now, still no word from my dealer or GM.
Dealer says they are still looking into it... ???
This is really frustrating? :E: when so many have had this done without any problems, and we can't seem to get anywhere with the Gatorback solution here in Canada. Anybody had any luck getting Gatorbacked in Canada?

Bryker
Where did you get yours done?
I am not that far from the Ottawa area, maybe I can get mine done there ???
How long did it take to do the Gatorback?
Thanks for your help

Firetruck,
mine was done at Marcel Belanger GMC dealer, in Orleans.  They did a great job.  It took about 10 days to get the gatorback in. It only takes about 4-5 days to do. Mine took a bit longer since I had some other stuff done as well.
Where about are you, wouldn't mind getting together sometime.
You can look at what I had done.

GM is great.
Got mine done at last.
Awesome.
My dealer worked hard for me and we now have an Av that looks like new :B:
If anyone in Eastern Ontario needs gatorback let me know and I will put you in touch with my dealer.

I am looking to add this Gatorback to my business, I am located in Western Ontario.....
But Robert can give you a list if you email him of dealers that carry the Gatorback in Ontario.......

Later....

Hi all I've got my AV in dealer right now getting the gatorback treatment,I took it in last Wed and still havent got it back yet.I called today and they told me that this place that they sent the Av out to,has got the pieces off.. and they wont be going back on til maybe tomorrow or next day....I got a loaner car,but wifes driving it cheaper on gas than her SUv... As for me Im riding my crotch rocket....hhehehehehe really good on gas and SPeed... I got the GB approved after warranty,but I did log at dealer about the fading on last day of warranty,so I got it approved by new service,manager,cause I was waiting so long before last manager called me back.....Hence the new guy was following up and very apologetic that old service manager let this go so long! Cant wait to get the AV back and see it shine....gonna get a cover for it.Wont be driving it too much since bike seasons here and the AV suxs on gas compared to Bike

What dealer did you get into?
Can't be local to us is it?

I am still fighting.......might have to phone DSM direct at head office....

Fill me in Blader......Thanks.

Later.....

Thats at Lee Munro in Paris...they got a new service manager in there his name is Tom so I think hes trying to make a name for himself...anyways the GM rep came in approved it and they ordered  Gatorback stuff from CA.I was in this morn to get something outta truck,shud be ready tom... shud have taken before pics and then aft..from the quick look I had it looks great like it shud.They took off plastic,fook I was amazed to here that too...

Well got the AV back yesterday and it looks great except I dunno whos scamming there, but the truck came back with only sides and roof ,and trunk cover done? They didnt do the bumpers or tailgate strips,and latch cover and band along bottom of tailgate.What the fook is this? I called dealer to Female Dog,and body shop called me and their passing the buck saying that the dealership told them to do whatever it takes and get by with rest???? huhhuhuhu? I told the guy it doesnt match for fook sakes!!!!I just got off the phone and she says shes gonna have to call for approval for rest???? What the hell I was told they where gonna do cladding that to me means all of it not bits and pieces....Im all over them waiting for a call back of what they gonna come up with?
'

That is just a big pain in the ass.....
Hopefully they can make it better for you.....
You don't have a WBH do you? You must be cladded.......

Later........

When I had mine done they only did only the roof section, sail panels, bed covers, tailgate section, and utility compartment lids.
The rest of the AV (front and rear bumper and base cladding) was OK and didn't require the Gatorback.
The Gatorback matches the rest of the cladding perfectly.
I am very pleased with the results. (y)
IF thework they did does not match the original cladding I too would insist that they correct it by doing the rest of the AV.
Hope you get this resolved.... good luck....

I just bought a 2004 AV and I'm also looking in getting my hands on some Gator Back, but from what I read, we can only get it in the states at $163. 00 a quart, which is sufficient to do all the cladding.   Unless someone can tell me where to get it in Canada, I will have to go out to the states and get it, I mean can't be that bad since the CDN Dollar is par

sunnybccoast said:
I just bought a 2004 AV and I'm also looking in getting my hands on some Gator Back, but from what I read, we can only get it in the states at $163. 00 a quart, which is sufficient to do all the cladding.   Unless someone can tell me where to get it in Canada, I will have to go out to the states and get it, I mean can't be that bad since the CDN Dollar is par

I bought some direct from gator back and it cost me 163 for the kit (not including the fuel stain defender) that has the aerosol cleaner and 2 quarts of the paint. they shipped it to me  and it came within 12 days with a shipping cost of like 35 bucks (to Calgary) still have to get it put on because I am up in fort mac working for the next month and a half still, i'll be sure to post pics when it gets done

Back